Skip to main content

Topic: ZOR continues introducing stronger better cheaper! (Read 1097 times) previous topic - next topic

• zorproducts
  • [*][*]
ZOR continues introducing stronger better cheaper!
New Products: Unlike many of the other vendors we have a reputation for innovative unique products.

A big moment for us was rolling out the Rock Beaker Hybrid rear axle. For many of you old school guys you may remember I had always spoke about doing a turbo for our famous and popular MY-Sides. It's been difficult to put in the R&D but we keep bringing to market new products. We plan on making a buggy suspension for making solid axle conversions easier and far les expensive on Sidekicks and Trackers

http://zuksoffroad.3dcartstores.com/ZOR-ROCK-BREAKER-OFF-SET-SIDEKICK-HOUSING-FOR-SAMURAI_p_1593.html

http://zuksoffroad.3dcartstores.com/MY-TURBO-for-ZOR-MY-Side-1-and-MY-Side-2-CV-carb-kits_p_1609.html
Quit stalling, MY-SIDE/MY-SIDE2!
http://zuksoffroad.com  T-BRA (brass T-case shifter sheet), The Thong (brass 5 spd trans shifter sheet) The ultimate t-case cradle!

• Zuki4x4
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
  • Carb Junkie!
Re: ZOR continues introducing stronger better cheaper!
Reply #1
Cool new items!

Just curious, was the HIMSHI discontinued?

• zorproducts
  • [*][*]
Reply #2
Yes and No.

I have some from the maker in stock but we have recently parted ways. I have a very low threshold for products I don't have control over the manufacturing.
Quit stalling, MY-SIDE/MY-SIDE2!
http://zuksoffroad.com  T-BRA (brass T-case shifter sheet), The Thong (brass 5 spd trans shifter sheet) The ultimate t-case cradle!

• Mikew
  • [*][*][*]
  • ZukeMizer
Reply #3
Do you have a way to put locking hubs on the rear of a Samurai?
Constitutional Carry for NC & SC!
         Because bearing arms is not, and should not be a privilege.
   Permits are privileges, and can be granted and taken by Government.
                           Let's Secure Concealed Carry as a Right!

• melbakid
  • [*]
  • Sparky
Reply #4
Do you have a way to put locking hubs on the rear of a Samurai?
Just curious, why would you do that? ???  I might have a chance to learn something here. ;)
There are only 2 types of Samurai's: Those we need & those we want!
9/13: Goldilocks 88.5 Samurai ST 29's on 15x7's
11/13: 95 Kick 2WD 5SP 4DR Future parts car
2/15: Red Ryder 88.5 Samurai TT 4.16 TC w/ TT shifter, MKII, SPOA on stock springs, 29's on 15x8's, Calmini OTT, OME Steering Stabilizer,

• carolinarigman
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #5
Brilliant! If it could be done. It would keep Ya from having to take out the driveshaft when you 
tow with a towbar for long distances. Used to have a set of adapters that had their own bearings
Between them to tow cars YEARS ago, but they were more trouble than taking out the driveshaft! ;D
Picture is of my Uwharrie campsite before I got my Zuk!

• Mikew
  • [*][*][*]
  • ZukeMizer
Reply #6
Just curious, why would you do that? ???  I might have a chance to learn something here. ;)
Like carolinarigman says for towing, the driveshaft is a PITA on a rainy day. I doubt you could do any serious wheeling with them but I try to stick to the more moderate trails anyway.
I've seen posts somewhere of it being done by another vendor but I'm not sure how or where and I think they quit.
I've got another front end I planned on using just never got around to starting that project........ either.
  • Last Edit: Tuesday, Nov 22, 2016, 06:34 AM by Mikew
Constitutional Carry for NC & SC!
         Because bearing arms is not, and should not be a privilege.
   Permits are privileges, and can be granted and taken by Government.
                           Let's Secure Concealed Carry as a Right!

• melbakid
  • [*]
  • Sparky
Reply #7
Brilliant! If it could be done. It would keep Ya from having to take out the driveshaft when you
tow with a towbar for long distances. Used to have a set of adapters that had their own bearings
Between them to tow cars YEARS ago, but they were more trouble than taking out the driveshaft! ;D
Learn something every day, regardless of what my wife says. [smirk] [lol]
I am fortunate that I have a car trailer. So when I do need to tow it I don't have to put any wear and tear on the drive train.
There are only 2 types of Samurai's: Those we need & those we want!
9/13: Goldilocks 88.5 Samurai ST 29's on 15x7's
11/13: 95 Kick 2WD 5SP 4DR Future parts car
2/15: Red Ryder 88.5 Samurai TT 4.16 TC w/ TT shifter, MKII, SPOA on stock springs, 29's on 15x8's, Calmini OTT, OME Steering Stabilizer,

• MuddyBuddy
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
I remember SpiderTrax used to have a full floater kit for the samurai that used a front hub in the rear.  It took load off of the rear bearing.  If you broke an axle you could just unlock that hub I believe.  Could also unlock all four corners for flat towing.  Pretty slick setup.
Challenge yourself.  Be the underdog!