Skip to main content

Topic: Parts differance (Read 383 times) previous topic - next topic

• buckhornbob
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
  • 2014/15 Zu Barbie Jeep Champion builder
Parts differance
I am going to have to replace the sway bar links on my towpig(2001 SuperDuty) . The cheapo one from Advance, O'Reilleys and AutoZone run right around $20.oo ea. The Moog brand is $8799 at Advanced,$47.79 on RockAuto. My question is  are the Moogs twice as good as the cheap part store brands? Both have a limited Lifetime warrenty.
Just a cheap Zuk guy,
robert
88.5 sammi 5.12's locker front and rear,6.5 t-case, twin sticks.<br /> 3" lift springs,trac/kick  power steering, crabs frt/rear<br />93 tracker 8v auto w/4dr front brakes<br />05 QUV(3010 kaw mule)2" lift<br />88 sammi  tin top bone stock<br />90 tracker 8v 5 speed

• beekiller
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Krew Krawlers, Mountain Division
Re: Parts differance
Reply #1
Moog is top shelf stuff.  I haven't kept up with it like I used to....it may pay to find out who supplies the house brand stuff.  Should it happen to be Moog....just saying.  [thumbsup]   If not ya can't go wrong with it.  Buy once cry once.   ;D
All I want from tomorrow is to get it better than today.

Claiming you are offended is essentially saying you are incapable of controlling and managing your emotions, so everyone else should do it for you.

• redidbull
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
  • Geek- Computer and Weather
Reply #2
I just replaced some sway bar bushings and used the Moogs. They seem to still be very high quality. I have been starting to think , if I am doing it myself, thus saving money, why not spend a little extra on the parts. Even with brakes, rotors etc I have been going with the brand name stuff.I also like to use the user reviews. Jim

• redidbull
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
  • Geek- Computer and Weather
Reply #3
Oh yea another thought, other than oil, filters and batteries I do have a tendency to buy on line if I have time but if not I go to the mom and pop store. Better service and some of the chain store stuff is not so good. Jim

• melbakid
  • [*]
  • Sparky
Reply #4
Nor familiar with the end links in the Ford SD, but I would definitely use poly bushings in them if they are available.  :)
There are only 2 types of Samurai's: Those we need & those we want!
9/13: Goldilocks 88.5 Samurai ST 29's on 15x7's
11/13: 95 Kick 2WD 5SP 4DR Parts car
2/15: Red Ryder 88.5 Samurai TT 4.16 TC w/ TT shifter, MKII, SPOA on stock springs, 29's on 15x8's, Calmini OTT, OME Stabilizer, ZOR seats

• buckhornbob
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
  • 2014/15 Zu Barbie Jeep Champion builder
Reply #5
Well I pulled the trigger and went with the brand name "MOOG". They came in Wednesday. I thought about putting them on Thanksgiving day, but woke up to rain. I ain't laying on the cold wet ground. So I finally got around to putting them on today, drove to work to check on the plant, no clunking or rattles.  [thumbsup]

robert
88.5 sammi 5.12's locker front and rear,6.5 t-case, twin sticks.<br /> 3" lift springs,trac/kick  power steering, crabs frt/rear<br />93 tracker 8v auto w/4dr front brakes<br />05 QUV(3010 kaw mule)2" lift<br />88 sammi  tin top bone stock<br />90 tracker 8v 5 speed

• melbakid
  • [*]
  • Sparky
Reply #6
I like MOOG products. I ordered 6 U-joints for my TT from Rock Auto. Came last Monday. They sure looked nice and beefy! [thumbsup] [thumbsup]
There are only 2 types of Samurai's: Those we need & those we want!
9/13: Goldilocks 88.5 Samurai ST 29's on 15x7's
11/13: 95 Kick 2WD 5SP 4DR Parts car
2/15: Red Ryder 88.5 Samurai TT 4.16 TC w/ TT shifter, MKII, SPOA on stock springs, 29's on 15x8's, Calmini OTT, OME Stabilizer, ZOR seats