Skip to main content

Topic: OME springs, shackles and shocks.  (Read 661 times) previous topic - next topic

• jaime
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
OME springs, shackles and shocks.
I got all these parts as kit and installed at SUZUKI Petroworks

Later on I got different suspension.

So I got these parts (OME)  OLD MAN EMU DAKAR in excellent shape for sale.  Been in car but I have been traveling a lot. Samurai had no action. Never off-roaded on the OLD MAN EMU DAKAR  parts

It allowed me to use free of any rubbing 31-10.50 on stock wheels front. On the back I  was using 32-11.50 (even larger) on stock wheels.

Have photos of Samurai with this set up.  Will post

I have no idea about shipping all this parts. Do I would prefer local. I am in So Cal.  Redondo Beach.

Pick up would be better. Shipping might be an issue $

4 spring. 4 shocks. 4 Shackes. Bushings already installed in spring eyes.

Great inexpensive suspension that works.

Will get pics.
  • Last Edit: Sunday, Nov 06, 2016, 03:05 PM by jaime
Small yet UltraPowerfull

• jaime
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: OME springs, shackles and shocks.
Reply #1
Photos.
Small yet UltraPowerfull

• melbakid
  • [*]
  • Sparky
Reply #2
Jaime,
Forgive me if it's there but I could not find a price. Just in case inquiring minds wanted to know. ;)
There are only 2 types of Samurai's: Those we need & those we want!
9/13: Goldilocks 88.5 Samurai ST 29's on 15x7's
11/13: 95 Kick 2WD 5SP 4DR Future parts car
2/15: Red Ryder 88.5 Samurai TT 4.16 TC w/ TT shifter, MKII, SPOA on stock springs, 29's on 15x8's, Calmini OTT, OME Steering Stabilizer,

• jaime
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
 :)

HI 

Petroworks charged me $600  

Will sell them for $350  These springs, bushings, shackles, shocks are like new.  Even the Dakar stickers are still on.  It is a nice set up that allows you to keep the sway bar and all.  Very smooth ride, a lot better than stock.

Almost half the price.  I wish I found this price when I got it,  But you know how it is, not there when you want it, at least not my case. 

[thumbsup]

Small yet UltraPowerfull

• lxer96
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #4
I'm gonna 2nd the ride on these. Drastic improvement over stock. I've had mine for 5 years or so now and I'll never consider going back to a stock spring.

• jaime
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
 :)

Great suspension indeed.

The reason why I swapped it for a Trail Tough is that I , having 31 / 10.50/15  tires on front, (worn, needed new rubber ) went ahead and purchased a set of 4 new 31/10.50's

I also purchased steel wheels, 15 X 8 all around.

Thing is, the 31/10.50 in "stock" wheels fit in ok.    But with the wider wheels the rears were still fine, but the fronts would rub upon turning.

Bought the wheels on sale, no returns.  So I was forced to either sell the wheels, and go back to stock wheels, ( which were already burnt paint-wise.  So would had powder coated them before mounting,)...or else keep the wheels and just get a little highr suspension.  (not into rock crawling, no need for extreme stuff either)

Got a Trail Tough suspension which added needed lift to clear tires and that is what happened.

TT suspension is a little ( not much, perhaps 1.5 in taller)  higher, but the suspension quality was better with the Old Man Emu.

But you know how this mod game is, it is like driving through the woods, every turn, every move, takes you deeper into the forest, ;) 
Today I stopped on my way home (from work) at a place were there is always a bone stock Samurai.   The owner I was told was not there at the moment, will check later in the week.  Would like this set up to go into some Samurai loving person's Suzuki.  

[thumbsup]
Small yet UltraPowerfull

• trooperjd
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #6
Would this setup accommodate a 30 inch wheel on stock rim?  I have a SPOA setup now but looking to go back SPUA as I have no need for such a lift.  Just undecided if I should go back or stay with the SPOA.

• jaime
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
Hi.

I had 31/10.50/15 on stock wheels upfront.

32/11.50/15 on back. Stock wheels.

30 would fit fine. On stock wheels.
Small yet UltraPowerfull

• jaime
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
That is my Samurai on the Old Man EMU  suspension.
Small yet UltraPowerfull

• jaime
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #9
OME suspension. 31-10.50 on stock wheels (f). 32-11.50 on stock wheels (r).
Small yet UltraPowerfull

• jaime
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
Drove by the location where I see a stock Samurai all the time. It is some small shop.

Met the owner. An old man.

Immediately I could sense he is not prone to mods and the like.

Introduced myself and talked to him about my OME suspension.

He listened but I could tell he did not seem interested.

Early on realized it. But anyways wanted to finish the conversation.

I felt like one of those door to door pot salesman. Or Al Bundy the shoe salesman.

It's ok. I did it with hopes of seeing some Samurai benefit from good parts and trying to motivate its owner to show some tlc.

Not this Samurai. It is an unlucky fella.  At least until someone else takes it home.

🙂👍
Small yet UltraPowerfull

• ARKANSASAMMY
  • [*][*]
Reply #11
dang I wish I was closer(I live in Arkansas).  I have a bone stock samurai that would love this lift ;D
any thoughts/costs on shipping?

• jaime
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #12
Hi. 

Back from a long trip. Work related and some vacation. 

Parts have been hibernating since I left late December. 

Any guys interested let me know. 

About shipping. Here in CA companies seem to charge more. 

My zip code is 90717. CA. 

Check out on your end and see how much shipping companies would charge. 

You might be able to arrange a great price from your side I could deliver the parts to your shipper. 

Enjoy spring !!! 
Small yet UltraPowerfull

• jgrimm
  • [*]
Reply #13
Pm sent.

-J.G.

• jaime
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #14