Skip to main content

Topic: Embedding pictures from google photos (Read 466 times) previous topic - next topic

• cygnus x-1
  • [*][*]
Re: Embedding pictures from google photos
Reply #20
My bad.  No, the embedded one.
Looks like the embedded ones that show correctly have some exif data and the one that shows incorrectly has no exif data at all.  What's odd is that even the ones with exif data have nothing about image orientation, yet they still show correctly.  Not sure what to make of that.

There is definitely something up with the forum software though.  This link here:

https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0B0P1j7Mofp2KWmJaMVZsRXJtcms

...will open the original image with full exif data and display in the proper orientation.  However that exact same link with image tags around it will embed the image and strip it of all exif data, thereby making it display incorrectly.

What is happening when the image tags are applied?

C|

• beekiller
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Krew Krawlers, Mountain Division
Reply #22
It does.  [thumbsup]
All I want from tomorrow is to get it better than today.

Claiming you are offended is essentially saying you are incapable of controlling and managing your emotions, so everyone else should do it for you.

• cygnus x-1
  • [*][*]
Reply #24
So I just found this:

http://www.elkarte.net/community/index.php?topic=2509.0

Does this forum have imagick enabled?

C|

So looks like the orientation fix doesn't work unless automatic image resizing is enabled.   >:(

https://github.com/elkarte/Elkarte/issues/2404

It appears that this may be fixed for the 1.1 release, which would be nice as it would same me some effort.  I think I can get around the orientation problem (at least temporarily) by manually reorienting.  This just leaves the syntax issue with referencing inline.  If I use the current syntax, will old posts break when the new version is installed?  Or will I just have to then use the new syntax with new posts?

Any idea on when the ver. 1.1 release might be?

C|

• beekiller
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #25
So looks like the orientation fix doesn't work unless automatic image resizing is enabled.  >:(

https://github.com/elkarte/Elkarte/issues/2404

It appears that this may be fixed for the 1.1 release, which would be nice as it would same me some effort.  I think I can get around the orientation problem (at least temporarily) by manually reorienting.  This just leaves the syntax issue with referencing inline.  If I use the current syntax, will old posts break when the new version is installed?  Or will I just have to then use the new syntax with new posts?

Any idea on when the ver. 1.1 release might be?

C|
Their references are to the 1.1 code.  There is no resizing code for attachments in this version except through modification, which we obviously have.  Just to be clear, so nothing is lost in translation, there IS resizing code for uploaded avatars.  Not sure why the original devs (SMF) saw fit to do it that way.  But then they have the reputation of basically telling their users they do things the way they want....and oh by the way [censored] off....

Yes, using the current inline syntax will break in 1.1.  It too, is through modification, done before the new syntax was chosen.  Not that it's a bad thing.  The new code is much improved. 

Like any release, that remains to be seen.  Elk has progressive forward development while actually listening to users.  <- this is the precise reason we dropped SMF for Elk here.  We could, in theory, go ahead and make the leap to the beta now.  The catch is, as you know, constantly updating small code changes or rewriting themes to fit new code.  Already been there.  It's fun for a while.  :D   On the other hand active devs can benefit from real life feedback too.  8)

Claiming you are offended is essentially saying you are incapable of controlling and managing your emotions, so everyone else should do it for you.

• cygnus x-1
  • [*][*]
Reply #26
Ok, then it might be better to just wait for the 1.1 release.  The way some of the forum posts sound, it won't be that far off.
I hope anyway.

C|

• cygnus x-1
  • [*][*]
Reply #27
Anxiously waiting for V1.1.   [stickpoke]

C|

• beekiller
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #28
Anxiously waiting for V1.1.  [stickpoke]

C|
There are a handful of critical bug fixes in the queue.  As soon as those happen we're there!  [thumbsup]

• cygnus x-1
  • [*][*]
Reply #30
So what is the new method for inlining attached images?  (since the old method seems to busticated now)
Google is not helping me out here.

C|

• beekiller
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #31
There is a share icon next to the attachment thumbnail.  Place the cursor where you want the pic in your post, then clicky the little icon.   [thumbsup]

• cygnus x-1
  • [*][*]
Reply #32
There is a share icon next to the attachment thumbnail.  Place the cursor where you want the pic in your post, then clicky the little icon.  [thumbsup]
Ahh ok.  That's easy then.  

Only annoying thing now is that you can't drag images directly from google photos for attachment.  They have to be on your computer first, which means dragging to a temp folder and then to the web browser.  It's a bit of extra work but not too bad really.
C|

• Zuki4x4
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
  • Carb Junkie!
Reply #33
Is there an easy way of cycling through member attached pics?

I dont see a way of viewing other attached pics without closing the one you are looking at

Is there a right and left arrow i am missing?

• beekiller
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #34
No, but there is a mod which could do that.  Is it something you guys would use?

• Zuki4x4
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
  • Carb Junkie!
Reply #35
:P

Ofc, I would use it every time there is more than 1 pic in a reply attachment  :welder:

Sorry to thread derail cygnus, and cool thread with pics you have going!  [thumbsup]

• cygnus x-1
  • [*][*]
Reply #36
:P

Ofc, I would use it every time there is more than 1 pic in a reply attachment  :welder:

Sorry to thread derail cygnus, and cool thread with pics you have going!  [thumbsup]
Thanks man!
I would probably use the picture cycling widget too.
C|

• beekiller
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #37
The Zu has fancybox.  Check it and see if you guys like it.  Personally I think it's kinda cool.  We'll hang onto it so long as it isn't causing problems for people.  Need to try it on a mobile too.....

• Zuki4x4
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
  • Carb Junkie!
Reply #38
Looks good!

Although, I noticed that when you click the image to open it and then scroll the pics and THEN click off to the side to "drop" the image, the original pic still stays open....

Not super critical, but I like the scrolling arrows!  :welder:

• Zuki4x4
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
  • Carb Junkie!
Reply #39
Hmm, looks like the add-on scrolls all the pics in a thread or all the pics on the view-able page in a thread?