Skip to main content

Topic: Lightbars (Read 482 times) previous topic - next topic

• buckshot
  • [*]
  • SM4x4ZC
Lightbars
24" fits perfect in the bumper if you cut out the center.
Terrorist are getting smarter! They even figured out how to get one of their own elected as our president!!!

• buckshot
  • [*]
  • SM4x4ZC
Re: Lightbars
Reply #2
That's what these are. I like them. Got 2 awhile ago for $54. I am to hard on stuff to spend big bucks on them.
Terrorist are getting smarter! They even figured out how to get one of their own elected as our president!!!

• mistawiskas
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #3
I went with a 32" light bar. i was going to mount it on the grille guard but decided to place it above the windshield.  I'm glad I did. It's already a strain on the back to reach into the engine bay.  I was hoping to find a 40" to fill the space above but went with the 32 and will add two 4"round lights on a swivel for the sides later.

It's when a mosquito lands on your testicles, that you know that not all problems can be solved with violence.

• melbakid
  • [*]
  • Sparky
Reply #4
I like the idea of the 32" bar and then having a side spot on each side. [thumbsup]
There are only 2 types of Samurai's: Those we need & those we want!
9/13: Goldilocks 88.5 Samurai ST 29's on 15x7's
11/13: 95 Kick 2WD 5SP 4DR Parts car
2/15: Red Ryder 88.5 Samurai TT 4.16 TC w/ TT shifter, MKII, SPOA on stock springs, 29's on 15x8's, Calmini OTT, OME Stabilizer, ZOR seats

• melbakid
  • [*]
  • Sparky
Reply #5
I went with a 32" light bar. i was going to mount it on the grille guard but decided to place it above the windshield.  I'm glad I did. It's already a strain on the back to reach into the engine bay.  I was hoping to find a 40" to fill the space above but went with the 32 and will add two 4"round lights on a swivel for the sides later.
Do you get much light spill into the cab when you turn on the lights at night or reflection off the hood?
2/15: Red Ryder 88.5 Samurai TT 4.16 TC w/ TT shifter, MKII, SPOA on stock springs, 29's on 15x8's, Calmini OTT, OME Stabilizer, ZOR seats

• mistawiskas
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #6
nope
It's when a mosquito lands on your testicles, that you know that not all problems can be solved with violence.

• melbakid
  • [*]
  • Sparky
Reply #7

nope

Cool! [thumbsup]  I always wondered about that. [worried]
Thanks for the reply.

• mistawiskas
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #8
The curvature on the bar spreads the light out very well. It's a true flood of light. Came back in from taking the wife up to a road I haven't been on for 40 years on Sunday. It was dark. When I pulled into the field to put the 'Tonka' away by the barn, I flipped the light bar on without telling her I was going to do it. She yelled "what the H !! L was that? It lit up the barn and whole side of the mountain behind it.

• AeroBoost
  • [*]
  • Krew Krawlers
Reply #9
Thanks for steering folk toward these cheaper light bars.  [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup]
Didn't come with a harness but I've got enough wire here to install it 3 times and I'd have bought my own switch anyway.

I got the 32" curved bar.
I still got some clean up work to do on the wiring but I got it plugged in enough to play in the snow.
You cain't buy it that way...

• Biggerhammer
  • [*]
  • SM4x4ZC
Reply #10
Here is a good price on a 24" that I bought for my Dodge. It works fantastic for an inexpensive version. Jim

Light Bar

Ugh, I've searched and searched... I need someone with better kungfu than me to find me some brackets for a windshield mount on my 4Runner.
I salute you Sir!

• beekiller
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Krew Krawlers, Mountain Division
Reply #11
Thanks for steering folk toward these cheaper light bars.  [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup]
Didn't come with a harness but I've got enough wire here to install it 3 times and I'd have bought my own switch anyway.

I got the 32" curved bar.
I still got some clean up work to do on the wiring but I got it plugged in enough to play in the snow.
Bet it looked like Star Wars driving in the snow.
All I want from tomorrow is to get it better than today.

Claiming you are offended is essentially saying you are incapable of controlling and managing your emotions, so everyone else should do it for you.

• AeroBoost
  • [*]
  • Krew Krawlers
Reply #12
Bet it looked like Star Wars driving in the snow.
it did; so much so that you really couldn't use it while it was actively snowing.
Ugh, I've searched and searched... I need someone with better kungfu than me to find me some brackets for a windshield mount on my 4Runner.
The Light came with Brackets. My only complaint is; they could've been longer to allow for more rotation of the light.  That along with the wide base and the narrow location where I wanted to mount it forced me to make my own brackets.  piece of steel from Lowe's, a rubber mallet, a vice, a grinding/cut off wheel and a drill and I had some decent lookin brackets.

• onedesertdog
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
  • Honorary Member, Krew-Krawlers. Desert Division
Reply #13
I'd like to order the 32in. for my Ranger SxS. I wanted the straight bar, but never thought about the curved one. Does the curved just give more angle of light?
Thanks,
 Buddy

• Biggerhammer
  • [*]
  • SM4x4ZC
Reply #14
The Light came with Brackets. My only complaint is; they could've been longer to allow for more rotation of the light.  That along with the wide base and the narrow location where I wanted to mount it forced me to make my own brackets.  piece of steel from Lowe's, a rubber mallet, a vice, a grinding/cut off wheel and a drill and I had some decent lookin brackets.

I figured I would end up doing that. Thanks.
I salute you Sir!

• buckhornbob
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
  • 2014/15 Zu Barbie Jeep Champion builder
Reply #15
Aeroboost,
 nice Zu stickers on your windshield.

robert
88.5 sammi 5.12's locker front and rear,6.5 t-case, twin sticks.<br /> 3" lift springs,trac/kick  power steering, crabs frt/rear<br />93 tracker 8v auto w/4dr front brakes<br />05 QUV(3010 kaw mule)2" lift<br />88 sammi  tin top bone stock<br />90 tracker 8v 5 speed

• AeroBoost
  • [*]
  • Krew Krawlers
Reply #16
I'd like to order the 32in. for my Ranger SxS. I wanted the straight bar, but never thought about the curved one. Does the curved just give more angle of light?
Thanks,
 Buddy
Yea, i figure it just spreads it out more.  Not ever having a flat one, i can't speak to the difference.  I just started shopping, saw the curved ones and decided i liked those better.
Probably have to keep in mind the mounting of the brackets more with the curved ones. since they're not square with each other.  Just now, I realized, that may be why i'm having a hard time aiming it...  I need to loosen the brackets at the base so they'll swivel and allow the light to move. ...maybe. 

• melbakid
  • [*]
  • Sparky
Reply #17

The straight lights have a rep for causing whistling and noise at higher speeds. :-\\\\  The curved ones seem to have addressed the noise issue.

• beekiller
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Krew Krawlers, Mountain Division
Reply #18
Interesting.....
All I want from tomorrow is to get it better than today.

Claiming you are offended is essentially saying you are incapable of controlling and managing your emotions, so everyone else should do it for you.

• AeroBoost
  • [*]
  • Krew Krawlers
Reply #19
Interesting.....
Indeed...
they also have cooling fins running the full length of the back of the light.
This is odd since the LEDs produce little to no heat.
Consequently, all the fins do is catch water.