Skip to main content

Topic: Round vent replacement clocks (Read 350 times) previous topic - next topic

• Steve1814
  • [*][*]
Round vent replacement clocks
I didn't know exactly where to post this, so I figured this is as good as any:

while looking through ebay I found these LCD clocks that look almost exactly like the original OEM parts

Loos like they are for the Maurti Suzuki (India Samurai) I thought they looked great and figured I would provide a link to the guy selling them.   I have no affiliation with him other than being a previous customer.
     '87 Samurai with TBI Sumo II 1.3, SPOA, 4.1 Xfer, Neon Seats (comfy!) Still working on other upgrades...

• Steve1814
  • [*][*]
Re: Round vent replacement clocks
Reply #1
Couldn't resist and ordered one:

Pretty simple install, only drawback is the the LCD is not backlit, so no night views (unless it is automatic - which I doubt)  This was a test dashboard, I'll show how it goes together when I install it in my dash. **oh, and another thing:  The "s" button is for "s"etting the clock, not for "s"econds
  • Last Edit: Monday, Nov 14, 2016, 06:04 AM by Steve1814
     '87 Samurai with TBI Sumo II 1.3, SPOA, 4.1 Xfer, Neon Seats (comfy!) Still working on other upgrades...

• oft
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #2
Couldn't resist and ordered one:

Pretty simple install, only drawback is the the LCD is not backlit, so no night views (unless it is automatic - which I doubt)  This was a test dashboard, I'll show how it goes together when I install it in my dash. **oh, and another thing:  The "s" button is for "s"etting the clock, not for "s"econds
Could you repost picture as only shows block with - in it. Also have you been able to verify it does not have backlit feature.
Thanks, Earl

• Steve1814
  • [*][*]
Reply #3
I added the pic via attachment.  And yes, there is no backlight.

• G
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #4
Nice find. I wonder how easy it would be to remove and repair the stock clocks? Or retrofit with a new lcd.

• TD57
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #5
Nice find. I wonder how easy it would be to remove and repair the stock clocks? Or retrofit with a new lcd.
Try this...  http://bbs.zuwharrie.com/content?topic=132873.0

The LED is here (new seller - old one is out)... http://www.ebay.com/itm/271928239748?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I bought one BUT still haven't got around to doing it, funny how that happens........... I've got lots more parts that are still not attached But I'll get to them sooner or later!

Hope that helps  [thumbsup]

• Last Edit: Tuesday, Nov 22, 2016, 10:17 PM by TD57

• Zuki4x4
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
  • Carb Junkie!
Reply #7
Hmm, what's this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUZUKI-SJ-410-413-AUTO-CLOCK-OEM-/182401426422?hash=item2a77f8e3f6:g:MjcAAOSwvU5XM18Y&vxp=mtr

edit -- attached image for future use/safe keeping  [idea]

edit edit -- just make yourself an ebay saved search of sj410/sj413 -- cool random listings  [thumbsup]
  • Last Edit: Saturday, Dec 31, 2016, 12:39 AM by Zuki4x4