Skip to main content

Topic: New Zuk unveiling  (Read 284 times) previous topic - next topic

New Zuk unveiling
So this year I will be christening my brand new Frankenstein creation. It's is undoubtably gonna a jaw dropper so I want to make sure that I give props and credit where it's due. This rig build wouldn't have been possible if it weren't for the help of some great builders and even better friends. First off I want to thank Sean DeVinney for helping me with the 1.8l motor swap and building some "one of a kind" motor mounts. Seriously every if you get a chance take a look at these things lol the frame would snap in half before these thing ha break. Also he is the one who supplied me the awesome fully built yota axels, 4/3 link setup, and most importantly dealt with me always asking him questions. I also want to thank Jason Mundie. This dude is responsible for the awesome fab work. I just gave him some basic ideas, used coilovers, links and he created the physical beast you see today. He chopped the rear half off and just build everything from scratch. He build the cage, re-enforce the frame and welded up some frame sliders for me. He also makes one hell of a drive shaft (seriously take a look at it if you ever get a chance it's a freak of nature lol). Anyway before I posted the pictures of the build process I just wanted to make sure I mentioned them and gave them total credit they did much more but I think y'all get the idea. Anyway time for some Zuk pics!
By the way I'll be at zu this Wednesday for testing and Tuning so I hope to see y'all there!!
-John-
1990 Samurai, 1.8L, Half Cab, Custom roll cage 101" wheel base, 2.5 FOA 14" coilovers, 35x14.50 Boggers/iroks

Re: New Zuk unveiling
Reply #1
More pics 
-John-
1990 Samurai, 1.8L, Half Cab, Custom roll cage 101" wheel base, 2.5 FOA 14" coilovers, 35x14.50 Boggers/iroks

Reply #2
Even more
-John-

Reply #3
Even even more. The last one is just a reminder what this thing looked like when I got it it came a lon way since then. 
  • Last Edit: Tuesday, Apr 12, 2016, 05:21 AM by Simpleman3500
-John-

• aftermarket4x4
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Vendor
  • One Man Army!
Reply #4
Yeah, that camo was ugly!
Never miss an opportunity to spend time with family and friends!

• bad zuki
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
  • Willy G, The Donut King
Reply #6
I still remember picking up that beater from some old man in South Carolina.

Can't wait to jump it. [thumbsup]
Ask me about my attention deficit disorder or pie or my cat. A dog. I have a bike. do you like TV. I saw a rock. HI!<br><br>Quote from: ack Fri May 15 2015 08:52:22 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)<br><br>I am going to agree substantially with Sean "My Body Hurts" DeVinney.

• ecoast
  • [*][*][*][*]
  • ...if you weren't here, where would you be?
Reply #7
hey I recognize them axles!!!!

and the windowless 4dr... 8)

...what the hell you lookin' down here for?