Skip to main content

Topic: Big Creek (Read 251 times) previous topic - next topic

• beekiller
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Krew Krawlers, Mountain Division
Big Creek
Is anyone interested in riding it this year?  I know it isn't popular for some.  This is not for griping about it.  If you don't like it or don't want to go, then don't go.  Please limit reaponses to questions or to express interest.  The price this year is $40 per rig.  There is a 10 rig minimum.  It is a guided tour.  It has more challenges than the FS trail system.  Scott has rules in place to protect the resources and to promote responsible wheeling.  If you wish to go you are agreeing to abide by them.  If we have sufficient interest I will make arrangements.   [thumbsup]
All I want from tomorrow is to get it better than today.

Claiming you are offended is essentially saying you are incapable of controlling and managing your emotions, so everyone else should do it for you.

• aftermarket4x4
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Vendor
  • One Man Army!
Re: Big Creek
Reply #1
It's a fun place and I had not run it last year I would certainly go this year!

Sean
Never miss an opportunity to spend time with family and friends!

• ronzukin
  • [*]
  • Krew Krawlers
Reply #2
[ftp][/ftp]  give me a link Brian....let me check it out...I might be interested.

• beekiller
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #3

give me a link Brian....let me check it out...I might be interested.

I don't think Scott has a website for it per se, but you can see some pix and stuff here:

http://www.nc4x4.com/forum/threads/jan-16-2016-40-30-winter-2-coach-drive-big-creek-uwharrie-nc.167984/

There are challenging obstacles in there for sure!  8)

Claiming you are offended is essentially saying you are incapable of controlling and managing your emotions, so everyone else should do it for you.

• Mikew
  • [*][*][*]
  • ZukeMizer
Reply #4
From what I saw ti isn't as rough as some of the places I followed you in Uwharrie so yea it looks like a good time depending on your chosen dates. Me and my Bride may go wit cha'.
Constitutional Carry for NC & SC!
         Because bearing arms is not, and should not be a privilege.
   Permits are privileges, and can be granted and taken by Government.
                           Let's Secure Concealed Carry as a Right!

• beekiller
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #5

From what I saw ti isn't as rough as some of the places I followed you in Uwharrie so yea it looks like a good time depending on your chosen dates. Me and my Bride may go wit cha'.

That brings up a good point Mike.  The obstacles are far rougher than the Uwharrie stuff, though there are bypasses for the majority of it.  [thumbsup]

• bad zuki
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
  • Willy G, The Donut King
Reply #6
We won't be attending this year. Not enough days to wheel.
Ask me about my attention deficit disorder or pie or my cat. A dog. I have a bike. do you like TV. I saw a rock. HI!<br><br>Quote from: ack Fri May 15 2015 08:52:22 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)<br><br>I am going to agree substantially with Sean "My Body Hurts" DeVinney.

• Mikew
  • [*][*][*]
  • ZukeMizer
Reply #7

That brings up a good point Mike.  The obstacles are far rougher than the Uwharrie stuff, though there are bypasses for the majority of it.  [thumbsup]

I cant imagine going places rougher than that mountain I followed you up last year (Daniel ?) Dang I didn't think my little rig was going to make it back down in one piece.

Maybe I could just go watch from a drone.
I suppose if I want to run with the big dogs I'll be needing some lockers and some armor and some rock sliders a higher lift and bigger tires and a 1.6 and.................

Maybe I'll just stay on the porch :(   ;)

• Last Edit: Saturday, Apr 09, 2016, 05:16 AM by Mikew
Constitutional Carry for NC & SC!
         Because bearing arms is not, and should not be a privilege.
   Permits are privileges, and can be granted and taken by Government.
                           Let's Secure Concealed Carry as a Right!