Skip to main content

Topic: The other mechanical wonder my 88 Trooper (Read 730 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: The other mechanical wonder my 88 Trooper
Reply #21
Here you can see i'm almost done. I still have chain points ,plug plate ,paint, and drag points. But my back is killing me. I will be adding the two stock bumper  bits when all is done.

Reply #22
well it came off for the last time i hope for finish work. You know how it is start getting on a roll and the roll of wire gives out....; :-[

Reply #23
:)    it's in/on all bolts connected. what a pain i missed with a set of holes and had to fill the holes by welding them full then redrilling in the correct  place  its a very stealthy improvement

• Diesel_Weasel
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #24
 ::) ???  well is been a while since i have spoken up here my Weasel is gone sad to say, but Christine my Trooper still is here. I've finally resolved the motor issues after a lot of farting around on it. Now I'm prepping it for hunting season . i got rid of my semi bald 31's on it and dropped my 235,75x15 on the rims as they were not going back with the Weasel.  Theres about a 2 inch dif between the two. and these have full tread on them ! [thumbsup]  I have used the winch so its good to go. but after deciding not to use my whisper light stove as my main cook source, (need my hot chocolate and home made stew) I have got a Jet boil and have added a free propane stove that my friends next door gave me. It had a broken screw on it that took 3 min to find a replacement for. Since i am planning on some longer vacations from reality i have made a mount on the backdoor to cook on. now i have to see about an onboard water tank with pump. hmmm I have a  window washer pump that I can use for rinsing things. I'll just have to figure out a hot water tank for it maybe in the 2 gallon range. i guess its time to make like newfie zuk and start scrounging for stainless steel  [lol]

• Diesel_Weasel
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #25
I'e also taken her out for a few day trips hunting so far 2 grouse for a cost of about 35 rounds. as i had WAY too much scope on it for hunting now ive got a 3x9 instead of a 6x24 its much more better 

• Spokerider
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #26
Looking good!
 Nice grouse too! I've been meaning to get out after some chickens, but have been to dang busy......seems to happen to me every September. 
Tough as nails and dang near as smart.

• melbakid
  • [*]
  • Sparky
Reply #27
Any day hunting is better than crawling around on the ground under a rig!! ;)  Unless you have a lift. [lol]
There are only 2 types of Samurai's: Those we need & those we want!
9/13: Goldilocks 88.5 Samurai ST 29's on 15x7's
11/13: 95 Kick 2WD 5SP 4DR Future parts car
2/15: Red Ryder 88.5 Samurai TT 4.16 TC w/ TT shifter, MKII, SPOA on stock springs, 29's on 15x8's, Calmini OTT, OME Steering Stabilizer,

• Diesel_Weasel
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #28
Ladies and gentlemen, allow me to show what came in the mail today. 2 Expedition portal t shirts and a functional igniter box...not shown the good one as i put it in and Christine my 88 Trooper II RUNS!!!

• melbakid
  • [*]
  • Sparky
Reply #29
There's nothing like the purr of a long dormant project motor. ;D   IT"S ALIVE, Congratulations  [thumbsup] [thumbsup]
There are only 2 types of Samurai's: Those we need & those we want!
9/13: Goldilocks 88.5 Samurai ST 29's on 15x7's
11/13: 95 Kick 2WD 5SP 4DR Future parts car
2/15: Red Ryder 88.5 Samurai TT 4.16 TC w/ TT shifter, MKII, SPOA on stock springs, 29's on 15x8's, Calmini OTT, OME Steering Stabilizer,

• Diesel_Weasel
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #30
Poor christine wasn't down for long , but long enough. I also have a 97 Isuzu Rodeo but compared to the Trooper it is a pavement princess, due to the its longer length and lowered clearance. while bothe have a measly 9 inch clearance the trooper only has a tcase at that height and it has a decent case guard. the Rodeo has a lot more at the height. and a lot less approach and decline angle. I am way happier in the trooper for some odd reason. maybe its more like me short squat and able to get around in areas others fear to tread , UNLESS your in a SUZUKI!