Skip to main content

Topic: 2016 Zuwharrie Event (Read 1846 times) previous topic - next topic

• beekiller
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Krew Krawlers, Mountain Division
2016 Zuwharrie Event
The time is coming up soon!  Get those parts on order.  Shine up the wrenches.  Spin those bolts.  Just get ready...for the Spring 2016 Zuwharrie event!  

This year will be between April 15 - 17!  

Rides and accommodations are up to individuals.  Of course the dinner is Saturday night. This is our organized segment when we will have the raffle.  Be sure to sign up so you'll be sure to get a plate of delicious BBQ and a ticket for a shot at the prizes!  Name tags will be given at the registration table.  Wear them to the dinner Saturday evening.  This helps people get to know one another.  It also serves as a receipt in the chow line.  

We will have registration table hours at the Eldorado Outpost.  This has worked well before.  It's easy to find, centrally located, and you can pick up supplies while you're there.

It's time to break out those mud-covered shoes and that barely used camping gear, the shorts and the rain and cold weather gear (cause you never know what Mother Nature's plans for us are) and head on out to the Spring 2016 ZUWHARRIE Event!  The Spring '16 ZUWHARRIE Event will take place April 15 - 17 at the Badin Lake OHV Park located in central North Carolina in the Uwharrie National Forest. Don't miss the Southeast's largest Suzuki Event! Uwharrie trails have a little something for everyone from stock to modified. Zuwharrie is open to all Suzuki-based vehicles, including the Samurai, Sidekick, Vitara, X-90, and Geo/Chevy Tracker.

Dinner on Saturday night will be provided by the Eldorado Outpost and held at the UORTC across Highway 109.  You can see it from the parking lot.  This year's dinner is smoked BBQ, sides, and a drink.  

About the Trails

Zuwharrie is held in the heart of North Carolina just minutes from downtown Troy. The park features 8 trails that will challenge any level of driver and vehicle. The trail system ranges from easy to difficult and features a wide variety of terrain. The majority of the trails are made of up red clay soil and is spattered with various outcroppings of exposed rocks and boulders. There are also a good number of hill climbs and enough mud sloshed about to keep you on your toes. Some of the highlights of the park are Dickey Bell (the longest and most widely varied trail at 3 miles total) and Daniel (which takes honors as the hardest trail with its intense switchbacks and steep hill climbs). The trail system offers something for everyone and every experience level. One thing to note, however, once it rains in the park...the trails can get nasty quick...and some of the easiest trails become, well, um, NOT so easy.  Trail rides are not an organized part of the event but you may form trail groups either in camp or here on the site.

Who can attend??

This event has historically been Suzuki-only, however, all are invited. Please contact a Zuwharrie Staff member if you have any questions. No Suzuki based 4x4 vehicle will be turned away; however, we ask that you sign up in advance so we know how many people to expect.

Event Fee

Registration cost is $20 due at time of registration, required to attend the event. The cutoff for online registration will be April 10th. If you miss the online registration deadline you can still register at the event. Voluntary donations will also be accepted to help cover any extra cost of the Saturday night dinner. As always, our Saturday night meal will be provided.

How do I sign up?

Online - go to the top left of the screen, click your username, click Paid Subscriptions, select for the number of people you plan to bring.   There will be a registration table open Friday Afternoon and Saturday morning at the Outpost. Even if you register online you will need to visit the table to obtain a windshield decal for your vehicle, (this is a separate decal from the required Trail Pass) receive your raffle ticket, and your nametag.

Trail Fees

There is a $5 per day, or $30 per year trail fee that is your own responsibility to pay. This fee is charged by the state for upkeep of the park and trails. All passes must be displayed on the windshield of your off-road/trail vehicle. You will need to stop on your way in to the event and pick up your passes at one of the following locations:

Donnie Mullinix Store. Hwy 109, Uwharrie, NC

Eldorado Outpost, Hwy 109, Uwharrie, NC

Swift Island BP, Hwy 24/27 and River Road

Uwharrie Sportsman, Hwy 24/27 and River Road

Passes also available at the:

Uwharrie National Forest
District Office
789 Hwy 24/27 East
Troy, NC 27371
PH: 910-576-6391

Where do we stay for the event?

Camping is completely at your discretion.  You may camp at Arrowhead Campground (full facilities), Art Lilley Campground (primitive camping), or trail side.    Please see a staff member if you have any questions.

Who else will be there?  Click here!

Are you worried that you'll be in the woods all by yourself, well, fear not!

What do I need to bring to the event?

For a list of gear click here.

What's the weather like for this event?

Spring in the Uwharrie area usually brings warmer days and moderate nights. Things can change at any time, though, so we recommend you bring clothing for cool (cold!) and warm weather. The last few events we've had to contend with really cool mornings and sometimes periods of rain so be prepared for some good old fashion mud action. Uwharrie mud WILL stain your clothes and everything else it contacts. Don't bring anything you want to wear to your next beauty pageant.

Please Remember

Alcohol IS NOT permitted in the park. Drinking and driving will not be tolerated. We will be in a National Forest and there are rules to follow. Let common sense tell you what is right and wrong, if that's not working, see one of the staff for guidance! Remember that when you are at the campsite or on the trails that you are representing the Zuwharrie event, Zuwharrie.Com, our staff and sponsors, Suzuki owners, and the entire off-road community. Anyone involved in inappropriate behavior will be asked to leave and will be prohibited from future Zuwharrie events.

For more info on the Uwharrie National Forest please visit their Homepage at:

http://www.cs.unca.edu/nfsnc/recreation/uwharrie/
  • Last Edit: Monday, Jan 11, 2016, 03:14 PM by beekiller
All I want from tomorrow is to get it better than today.

Claiming you are offended is essentially saying you are incapable of controlling and managing your emotions, so everyone else should do it for you.

• ecoast
  • [*][*][*][*]
  • ...if you weren't here, where would you be?
Re: 2016 Zuwharrie Event
Reply #1
Yahoo!

...what the hell you lookin' down here for?

• jtaj77
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • The Japanese tourist
Reply #2
hmmm
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Everyone is someone else's weirdo.

My YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/jtaj77

• beekiller
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #3

hmmm

Come on up Jeff!  We'd love to have you!  [thumbsup]

Claiming you are offended is essentially saying you are incapable of controlling and managing your emotions, so everyone else should do it for you.

• buckhornbob
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
  • 2014/15 Zu Barbie Jeep Champion builder
Reply #4
I know it's still early but are shirts gonna be available?

robert
88.5 sammi 5.12's locker front and rear,6.5 t-case, twin sticks.<br /> 3" lift springs,trac/kick  power steering, crabs frt/rear<br />93 tracker 8v auto w/4dr front brakes<br />05 QUV(3010 kaw mule)2" lift<br />88 sammi  tin top bone stock<br />90 tracker 8v 5 speed

• beekiller
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #5

I know it's still early but are shirts gonna be available?

robert

There's a call in to the artiste.  He has responded in kind.  We should have a design soon so we can get them in the store.   [thumbsup]   As usual there may be a few extras but preorder is preferred.  

• samurayo
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #7
Planning has begun  [thumbsup]
Such is life in the tropics<br />"chain 'em up and slide 'em down!"...Ecoast

• beekiller
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #8
Fantastic!

• Zukiman
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #9
I'm actually off that weekend!  Logan and I will be there!  
1993 Suzuki Samurai
1.6 EFI, 3 speed auto, 6.5:1 T-case, air lockers... and a lot more mods!
Check out my  My YouTube Page!!

• norzuki
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • The Deer Stalker
Reply #10
Will not be able to make it this year :-\\\\ 
Have fun you guys !!
Loud Proud & Country By The Grace Of God !!!

• Zukiman
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #11
Officially signed up and shirts ordered! [thumbsup] 

Now I need a bigger trailer to haul 2 Zuks... [idea]
1993 Suzuki Samurai
1.6 EFI, 3 speed auto, 6.5:1 T-case, air lockers... and a lot more mods!
Check out my  My YouTube Page!!

Reply #12
I'm gonna sign up tonight. So pumped. Is it ok with the ZU community if my tow rig brings a Kawasaki teryx to ride as well, in addition to my samurai? And are there gonna be Barbie jeep races or not this year?

• buckhornbob
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #13
Keep in mind you'll need to stay near the trails with the Teryx. Stay at Arts or on the trails nearby. But  the more the merrier.

As for the Barbie Jeep race, I haven't heard. I think this builder has retired "Defending 2X CHAMPION builder,". But I'd be up for watching.

robert
88.5 sammi 5.12's locker front and rear,6.5 t-case, twin sticks.<br /> 3" lift springs,trac/kick  power steering, crabs frt/rear<br />93 tracker 8v auto w/4dr front brakes<br />05 QUV(3010 kaw mule)2" lift<br />88 sammi  tin top bone stock<br />90 tracker 8v 5 speed

• ecoast
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #14

As for the Barbie Jeep race, I haven't heard. I think this builder has retired "Defending 2X CHAMPION builder,". But I'd be up for watching.

robert

*might* have a threepeat in us, robert?

...I should be freshly healed/ready to re-injure

Reply #15
Everyone beware for the New And IMPROVED zuk will be there.  Gutted mine from last year and now has a new 1.8L, full link setup front an back, 2.5" coilovers all the way around on 37" iroks!  Can't wait to "pop her cherry" hjahaha.  This should deff prove to be a zuwharrie for the history books.  Can't wait to see everyone again in April.  Oh and ECOAST you still owe me a carnage award from last years Barbie jeep Race HAHAHAHA!
-John-
1990 Samurai, 1.8L, Half Cab, Custom roll cage 101" wheel base, 2.5 FOA 14" coilovers, 35x14.50 Boggers/iroks

• buckhornbob
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #16

*might* have a threepeat in us, robert?

...I should be freshly healed/ready to re-injure

The way we are working, I just don't have the time to get it ready again.. I would love to watch.

robert

• ecoast
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #17

Everyone beware for the New And IMPROVED zuk will be there.  Gutted mine from last year and now has a new 1.8L, full link setup front an back, 2.5" coilovers all the way around on 37" iroks!  Can't wait to "pop her cherry" hjahaha.  This should deff prove to be a zuwharrie for the history books.  Can't wait to see everyone again in April.  Oh and ECOAST you still owe me a carnage award from last years Barbie jeep Race HAHAHAHA!

can't wait to see the rig, JohnnY!

...buy you dinner Fri night @ Troutman's?

Reply #18
Ok dinner sounds fine but remember I am not a cheap date that your usually use too!!! Hahahahahahaha. 
-John-
1990 Samurai, 1.8L, Half Cab, Custom roll cage 101" wheel base, 2.5 FOA 14" coilovers, 35x14.50 Boggers/iroks

• beekiller
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #19
We would expect no less John.   ;D