Skip to main content

Topic: Flip Flop Shop (Read 2369 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Flip Flop Shop
Reply #60
Just 4 tires and wheels make it look ready to rumble!! [lol] [bluesamuraif] [bluesamside]
Picture is of my Uwharrie campsite before I got my Zuk!

• bad zuki
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
  • Willy G, The Donut King
Reply #61
Well for those that where at the zu know how good that tracker did on 3 axles

Updates from last week....

Got a call from a friend that someone needed a diff swap in a samurai that was in town on Tuesday.  Turns out to be an 80 year old Vietnam vet who used to fly helicopters.

Talked to the guy and he wanted a diff and 1.6 swap and it all done by Thursday.      :o

Called up Low Range. The got me parts air mailed same day and showed up the next day. So I'm really impressed with the service.   [thumbsup]

Got  low mileage 1.6 in there with an aftermarket 4x4 mounting bracket. And stock mounts with a 1.3 oil pan mod.  Surprising that with the stock motor mounts and weber it still fit under the stock hood with a factory snorkel.

New everything that he wanted.  Shocks, fuel pump, clutch, coil pack, all new gaskets, new hoses and clamps, starter, and new wiring.
Finished it up today.   Glad to open up the shop.
Phone broke and lost a lot of photos, now to fix the dodge axle bearings. Redo the valves in the Sami and patch about 20 tires....   :P

I'm going to bed
Ask me about my attention deficit disorder or pie or my cat. A dog. I have a bike. do you like TV. I saw a rock. HI!<br><br>Quote from: ack Fri May 15 2015 08:52:22 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)<br><br>I am going to agree substantially with Sean "My Body Hurts" DeVinney.

• carolinarigman
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #62
That's what I call ROLLIN"!!! Great Lookin' Job too!! [lol]

• TheLastSamurai
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Grease monkey
Reply #63
Hey I have that same DVOM. From Snap-On right? How do you like it? I was told to get a Fluke auto ranging instead.

• bad zuki
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #64
Hey I have that same DVOM. From Snap-On right? How do you like it? I was told to get a Fluke auto ranging instead.
Been a while since I've seen this thread.  
It works fine for me.  
I had a very nice fluke from when I did trouble shooting on HVAC systems.   But even with my name branded on the meter it was stolen.
I went 15 months without a meter. And karma shined on me and I got this one for free.   
It works fine, but I missed my fluke...
Ask me about my attention deficit disorder or pie or my cat. A dog. I have a bike. do you like TV. I saw a rock. HI!<br><br>Quote from: ack Fri May 15 2015 08:52:22 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)<br><br>I am going to agree substantially with Sean "My Body Hurts" DeVinney.

• TheLastSamurai
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Grease monkey
Reply #65
Wow that sucks at least you got one for free, mine was $200 plus. 

• bad zuki
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #66
Not really.  Seeing how I dropped $375 on the fluke set.  ::)

• TheLastSamurai
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Grease monkey
Reply #67
Thats pretty normal for a Fluke pricewise, I guess what I am saying is at least you got a nice one to replace it. 

• bad zuki
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #68
Finally got around to putting some insulation up in the shop. And boy what a difference it made.  

It was only r11 but it holds hear just great.  [thumbsup]

• bad zuki
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #69
Nice warm shop make me work way faster. Got the 2.0 swap done. And a good right up with it in the Sami section.  Got a club members project in the shop right now.   TJ with leaf springs, 350,sm465,203,205. 60 front 14 bolt rear.   

Got the tintop a new heart.

Worked on my sami some.   :angel:

Also got a set of axles to tear down and rebuild. New perch locations. And mounting surfaces. 

• bad zuki
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #70
Shop shenanigans  [smirk]

Send a Dana 35 off In style.

Finishing up a 44/9 combo in this yj.  I'll see about posting the videos of the burnout later

Also picked up a possible zu beater.

• Newfie-Zuk
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #71

Love those rims on that little Tracker !! [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

As for the jeep ? Some people actually go for that rear squat look !!  ;D ;D
If you are doing a Job , it's always quicker to do it right the first time ...  Cheers.... :)

• bad zuki
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #72
I believe it's called the Cali lean

Also I'm not for those rims myself.  It was another free set.  Just bought the new rims on Sunday. Gonna mount these up with some newish 33s

• carolinarigman
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #73
Bunch of boys around here in Central Carolina got their trucks sitting like that. :-X
Call it the Carolina Squat! Looks like they're squatting to take a dump. ::)
Looks crappy to me. Won't last long. But that's what I said about droopy pants too! ???

• bad zuki
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #74
I prefer a level truck when towing.

Made a set of axle stands with some scrap metal.  I'm eventually going to make it so I can have jigs to weld up mounts for Jeeps and other vehicles.

More progress on the yj and the Bastard child is almost done.  
:welder:

• carolinarigman
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #75
Your the MAN! I don't care what them bug smashers say! ;D
Like that rearend stand. Sometimes it just takes a different perspective [idea]
when building something you need! :welder:

If you total that tracker You can drop it in Creedmoor!
I need a passenger side inner fender and frame piece! ;D

• bad zuki
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #76
It will be a while until this tracker is done.  

We finally finished up one of the big projects in the shop.  The bastard Jeep is finished. 

350/465/203/205/HP, KP Ford 60/ 14bolt. 42 pitbulls.

Put some new 35 spline chromos in it and finished up all the drivetrain parts.  Over the weekend

Started on the tracker project.  Inner fender and the frame aren't in good shape at all.  

• bad zuki
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #77
More projects get rolled in and others get rolled out. 

Decieded to part out tracker to fund beater sami project.

Picked up a nice little forester cheap. Hopefully it gets better mileage than the dodge. 

Finished an audio and interior overhaul in the mustang. 

New wheels on the 68. That might get thrown into the fire soon. 

2 yj roll cages on order along with some tube bumpers in the works.

Black yj should be finished by this weekend.  I hope..... WG

• bad zuki
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #78
Spent all weekend.  But finally found some shelves that I've been looking for.  Industrial parts shelves that interlock.   Each one can hold 300 lbs.  

Took everything i had to put 2/3rds up this weekend. All bolted together and whatnot.  Still need to get some more containers and a labeler to really get organized.