Topic: New (to me) Tow Pig (Read 2427 times) previous topic - next topic

• bad zuki
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
  • Willy G, The Donut King
Re: New (to me) Tow Pig
Reply #60
I've been think about this.   (See pic)
Hopefully gonna go look at a frame and axles for this pig.  Found a great deal through a friend. So this thing might be 4x4 next winter.

I've never seen a dodge that short.  What happened to it?
I'd leave it like it is.  Is it a diesel auto?  They didn't make those in a short bed. That would be an awesome round town truck.  
Ask me about my attention deficit disorder or pie or my cat. A dog. I have a bike. do you like TV. I saw a rock. HI!<br><br>Quote from: ack Fri May 15 2015 08:52:22 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)<br><br>I am going to agree substantially with Sean "My Body Hurts" DeVinney.

Reply #61
Was going to be a service truck. 6 speed 2 wheel drive. It's too short for a shortbed, I need a bed for all the stuff I do, and it will be pretty easy to lengthen it the amount I need to do so.

• bad zuki
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #62
Make it a long bed.  It's way easier to tow with.  

Also that nv5600 2wd trans is really rare. 
Ask me about my attention deficit disorder or pie or my cat. A dog. I have a bike. do you like TV. I saw a rock. HI!<br><br>Quote from: ack Fri May 15 2015 08:52:22 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)<br><br>I am going to agree substantially with Sean "My Body Hurts" DeVinney.

• buckhornbob
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
  • 2014/15 Zu Barbie Jeep Champion builder
Reply #63
Does this mean you might be waking up to a PowerStroke?
88.5 sammi 5.12's locker front and rear,6.5 t-case, twin sticks.<br /> 3" lift springs,trac/kick  power steering, crabs frt/rear<br />93 tracker 8v auto w/4dr front brakes<br />05 QUV(3010 kaw mule)2" lift<br />88 sammi  tin top bone stock<br />90 tracker 8v 5 speed

Reply #64

Make it a long bed.  It's way easier to tow with. 

I don't much care for it, it's like driving a semi, the gears are super short haha.

• bad zuki
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #65
No, just the nasty wide 450/50/22.5s

;D 

And how nice that would be with air ride.

I'll trade you a 2wd 5 speed. It has the updated output shaft. I've been wanting to swap a 6 speed.

Reply #66

Make it a long bed.  It's way easier to tow with. 

I'll sell you the whole truck for $3500 lol

• bad zuki
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #67
I already got one red dodge.  It will be a long time before I own another one.  ;D

Maybe I'll just swap this over to a single wheel club cab.
And buy a semi to tow with.

Second note:  found a friend with some mobile home frames.  Gotta talk to him Saturday too....

Man these days just keep getting shorter.

• bad zuki
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #68
Modular home frame fell through. Guy wanted too much.  But I'm still on the look out for a 2 car bumper pull.

Finay found the AC leak.   Bad o rings on the compressor.  This will be my first DD with working AC.  Man I'm spoiling myself.  Need to find another rear hub to replace mine.  It keeps breaking bolts off.  [worried]

Dodge did great going to zuwharrie and back. Somehow averaged 13...   Granted we where suspossedly going 85.  :o  ::)
  • Last Edit: Thursday, Apr 21, 2016, 11:33 PM by bad zuki

• bad zuki
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #69
pic dump  :P

• bad zuki
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #70
Just passed 353k on dodge. Still doing great.  Averaged 22.1 mpg going to jasons in Elizabeth city, on one tank!!

Gonna find a flat bed for it this winter.  [thumbsup]

• beekiller
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Krew Krawlers, Mountain Division
Reply #71
Nice wood!  ;D
All I want from tomorrow is to get it better than today.

Claiming you are offended is essentially saying you are incapable of controlling and managing your emotions, so everyone else should do it for you.

• bad zuki
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #72
Nice wood!  ;D

Ohhhh yeah. Nice having a fire in the shop. 

• beekiller
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Krew Krawlers, Mountain Division
Reply #73
A nice fire it is!  I miss having a wood stove.  :\\\'(
All I want from tomorrow is to get it better than today.

Claiming you are offended is essentially saying you are incapable of controlling and managing your emotions, so everyone else should do it for you.

• carolinarigman
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #75
Add all that metal on top to get hot and it'll move a lot more heat around                                                           [popcorn]
that would otherwise go out the fluepipe, Used to sell a unit that the smoke
 went through that had pipes running through it and a fan that blew out 
more of that wasted heat. They were a little "pricey" but worked good
until it blocked up with soot and had to be cleaned. All in all a pretty nice unit! ;D
Time to start burning a little wood down here in Central North Carolina. [sleeping]
I've got a wood stove in the back of my older section I use for welding!
It works good too with a fan sitting behind it blowing over the top. [thumbsup]  
Picture is of my Uwharrie campsite before I got my Zuk!

• bad zuki
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #76
One of my shop buds works at the large steel shop. He found a heat reclaimer in the scrap and bought it for me. The cool thing about my wood stove it that it too has heat exchanger tubes in the wood stove. It really heats up the air quick. I'm going to make a duct system that moves Air through the wood stove and heat exchanger to super heat it.  [thumbsup]

• carolinarigman
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #77
Ideal for a shop! That's a good bit of wood too! :o
If Ya have too much I'LL COME UP AND CLEANUP THE EXCESS!  Lol ;D

• bad zuki
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #78
The white one was the first dually I ever drove. 

1.1 million miles between the 3 

Also kind of upset. My 19 year old brother just bought this fully loaded 2010.  [worried] I'm so getting remotw start soon. 

• carolinarigman
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #79
WOW! I like that!! ;D