Skip to main content

Topic: New (to me) Tow Pig (Read 2470 times) previous topic - next topic

• bad zuki
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
  • Willy G, The Donut King
Re: New (to me) Tow Pig
Reply #40
New heater core just in the nic of time.
Throwing the idea of a flatbed/chase truck bed. Looking for input.
Ask me about my attention deficit disorder or pie or my cat. A dog. I have a bike. do you like TV. I saw a rock. HI!<br><br>Quote from: ack Fri May 15 2015 08:52:22 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)<br><br>I am going to agree substantially with Sean "My Body Hurts" DeVinney.

• bad zuki
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #41
A good 800 miles, only found a could of other things I need for long distance towing. But other than that. Blew a manifold gasket on the way back from gore last weekend.  Found one on Friday and fixed what I thought was a boost leak.  Turned out a boot blew off. Blew tire on the way home with a new beater project. 
More updates on the new beater rig later. But we got some mileage numbers from this trip. I didn't drive. On the way up empty trailer we got 14.4, on the way back loaded with tires and a 4 door tracker, we got 16.   :-\\\\

Ask me about my attention deficit disorder or pie or my cat. A dog. I have a bike. do you like TV. I saw a rock. HI!<br><br>Quote from: ack Fri May 15 2015 08:52:22 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)<br><br>I am going to agree substantially with Sean "My Body Hurts" DeVinney.

• buckhornbob
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
  • 2014/15 Zu Barbie Jeep Champion builder
Reply #42
That's a neat z sticker on the bench.

,robert
88.5 sammi 5.12's locker front and rear,6.5 t-case, twin sticks.<br /> 3" lift springs,trac/kick  power steering, crabs frt/rear<br />93 tracker 8v auto w/4dr front brakes<br />05 QUV(3010 kaw mule)2" lift<br />88 sammi  tin top bone stock<br />90 tracker 8v 5 speed

• bad zuki
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #43
The beater was unworthy...

• ecoast
  • [*][*][*][*]
  • ...if you weren't here, where would you be?
Reply #44
post 'big dumb load' pic

...what the hell you lookin' down here for?

• bad zuki
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #45
DAMM thing wouldn't even start to back it off the trailer...  >:( 
What kinda garbage are you trying to pull on me  ;D

Second we got back after dark, I'll do some work on it tomorrow.

P.S. Just ate the rest of the "Caronie"   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

• ecoast
  • [*][*][*][*]
  • ...if you weren't here, where would you be?
Reply #46
I knew it would never make it to Miss Kitty... 
Looks good on you, though.

...what the hell you lookin' down here for?

• bad zuki
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #47
Well thought it was a good idea to go out of n the snow this weekend.  

Stole all the spare steel out of the shop.  Somehow added 3100 lbs to the rear axle.   

Goes really well.

• bad zuki
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #48
Man, that was fun.  Only got stuck once. 

Just doing the math.  With this much weight. It would actually weigh less than a steel flatbed, and my samurai on the back.

• bad zuki
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #49
Got a BAHF installed,  it really made an improvement

• bad zuki
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #50
Got a small led light bar installed.   I really need to do something with my headlights. 

• bad zuki
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #51
Had enough time to do the horrible freight head light kit.
The kit had enough to do the kit twice. And I think you have to sand and polish the lense twice to get it to clear up completely.
1. Before
2.During
3. After
It looks OK. But I'll have to do it again. :-\\\\

• bad zuki
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #52
Had to pick up another stick of tubing and why drag that heavy trailer down there when I have tow mirrors.  ;D

• buckhornbob
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
  • 2014/15 Zu Barbie Jeep Champion builder
Reply #53
I move a piece of 30' x 4" pipe from work once by laying on the ground and driving over it. Hooked ratchet strap to front tow hooks and then to trailer hook on rear. Tightened up and took home. No problem.

robert
88.5 sammi 5.12's locker front and rear,6.5 t-case, twin sticks.<br /> 3" lift springs,trac/kick  power steering, crabs frt/rear<br />93 tracker 8v auto w/4dr front brakes<br />05 QUV(3010 kaw mule)2" lift<br />88 sammi  tin top bone stock<br />90 tracker 8v 5 speed

• bad zuki
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #54
Dodge did great this weekend.  Proved itself all over again.  Got to tow 2 Rigs over the mountains and didn't come close to hitting 1100° egt.   Even passing a minivan out of a 35 mph turn and hitting 60 going up hill.   This is a great truck
  • Last Edit: Sunday, Mar 20, 2016, 10:05 PM by bad zuki

Reply #55
You boys are way outta my league! Nice diesel tow rigs and good trailers!
I can't even seem to get my Z71 running good enough to pull itself.  I've got access to a heavy duty single axle trailer built to haul smaller British cars with a 4000# axle of my son in laws. I'm wanting to drive my Sidekick down this trip anyway. I get to go to Greensboro to my back Dr. tomorrow. Hope I can get this procedure over with and be able to finish Up my lift and new tires on in time!!  I hate to come pulling up
in a Kia!! But I will if I have to I guess. Much rather at least drive my Sidekick! ;D    [bluesamside]
Picture is of my Uwharrie campsite before I got my Zuk!

• bad zuki
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #56
I drove and dd my samurai for years.   Just one day I was sick and tired of only being able to carry enough supply's for 1 person for a weekend.   
I had driven to gore va in the zuk with 2 tires in it, because I didn't have a truck at all.   I heard about this one for sale from some friends up there that weekend,  and blew an alternator on the way home, and bought it the next week. 

I loved driving my sami on the back roads. but it just couldn't keep up with this dodge.   

Reply #57
Yeah the plumbing co. I worked for for twenty years had a couple of Chevys with the Allison transmission.
You could not tell you were pulling a bobcat trailer with a pickup on it! I hauled a couple to Norwood from Durham, had a buddy that ran a body shop. That's how I was introduced to Uwharrie. About ten years ago.
Loved that diesel!! [lol]   Someday I'll get setup proper. I like the tool boxes on the front!  [bluesamside]  
Picture is of my Uwharrie campsite before I got my Zuk!

• bad zuki
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #58
The tool boxes really come in handy

Well got the door locks to operate.
In the process put in some decent 6x9 speakers. And installed double layered sound detaining insulation off another set of door panels I had laying around.
Really notice a big difference. It sounds like the motor moved forward a good foot. But I'll be trying to sound proof this loud sob.

Reply #59
I got a red diesel dodge too now! I'm gonna lengthen mine 5" so I van put a shortbox on it. And I was tossing around idea of a dually conversion too!  ;D