Skip to main content

Topic: Nothing fancy, just a little here and there pix and vids (Read 1192 times) previous topic - next topic

• Newfie-Zuk
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Re: Nothing fancy, just a little here and there pix and vids
Reply #20
looks like the Four-Runner is trying to take the shortcut back to Japan !! ;D ;D

Nice pics ! [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

P
If you are doing a Job , it's always quicker to do it right the first time ...  Cheers.... :)

• OK12V
  • [*][*]
Reply #21
Got the cage done 

• beekiller
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Krew Krawlers, Mountain Division
Reply #22
That's an interesting approach over the targa.  So it wasn't hard getting the top to fit?
All I want from tomorrow is to get it better than today.

Claiming you are offended is essentially saying you are incapable of controlling and managing your emotions, so everyone else should do it for you.

• OK12V
  • [*][*]
Reply #23
It was enough slack in it that no modification had to be done. Only thing was velcro didnt reach so I put self tappers with big plastic washers 

• OK12V
  • [*][*]
Reply #24
I really needed more head room. Im 6 foot and going under was way too close for my liking

• Newfie-Zuk
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #25
Great work OK12V !!  ;)

I do have a question though , its about one of your first few pictures  you posted ...  :) :)

[attach-1]

The cotter pin located in your tie-rod end .. I am not sure if it's the angle of the picture , or it is actually  the way you have it installed , but it appears you only have 1/2 the cotter pin in use ? 

Any particular reason for this ?  ;)

I ask because of all the thousands I have installed or seen through the years , they have the full spit section pushed through , then bent open to maintain retainment  ..  [approve] [approve]

P

If you are doing a Job , it's always quicker to do it right the first time ...  Cheers.... :)

• beekiller
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Krew Krawlers, Mountain Division
Reply #26
I really needed more head room. Im 6 foot and going under was way too close for my liking
Yeah.  I'm 6+ myself.  The current cage design has reminded me a few times.  It is concerning should there be a roll.  That's one of the reasons I'm thinking exo, even though most lack visual apeal.  Yours is a good compromise. 
All I want from tomorrow is to get it better than today.

Claiming you are offended is essentially saying you are incapable of controlling and managing your emotions, so everyone else should do it for you.

• OK12V
  • [*][*]
Reply #27
Great work OK12V !!  ;)

I do have a question though , its about one of your first few pictures  you posted ...  :) :)

[attach-1]

The cotter pin located in your tie-rod end .. I am not sure if it's the angle of the picture , or it is actually  the way you have it installed , but it appears you only have 1/2 the cotter pin in use ? 

Any particular reason for this ?  ;)

I ask because of all the thousands I have installed or seen through the years , they have the full spit section pushed through , then bent open to maintain retainment  ..  [approve] [approve]

P

Good question. Its been awhile since Ive done that. I would have to go back to the shop and look at it. Knowing myself, and looking at this picture, I might had a bigger size cotter pin on hand and could fit only one leg... Thinking I will put the right one later... Right.... :)
  • Last Edit: Saturday, Feb 18, 2017, 04:30 PM by OK12V

• OK12V
  • [*][*]
Reply #28
Yeah.  I'm 6+ myself.  The current cage design has reminded me a few times.  It is concerning should there be a roll.  That's one of the reasons I'm thinking exo, even though most lack visual apeal.  Yours is a good compromise.
I like the sleeper look. Come stockish looking and take the win while everybody else trying to figure out what happened haha

• OK12V
  • [*][*]
Reply #29

• Last Edit: Saturday, Feb 18, 2017, 09:38 PM by OK12V