Skip to main content

Topic: notification (Read 1539 times) previous topic - next topic

• buckhornbob
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
  • 2014/15 Zu Barbie Jeep Champion builder
notification
Is anyone else not getting notifications ?

robert
88.5 sammi 5.12's locker front and rear,6.5 t-case, twin sticks.<br /> 3" lift springs,trac/kick  power steering, crabs frt/rear<br />93 tracker 8v auto w/4dr front brakes<br />05 QUV(3010 kaw mule)2" lift<br />88 sammi  tin top bone stock<br />90 tracker 8v 5 speed

• beekiller
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Krew Krawlers, Mountain Division
Re: notification
Reply #1

robert

Robert,

With the upgrade come changes there as well.  In your profile notification settings you can configure combinations of receiving notifications via alerts at the top bar, or some by email.  Try messing with those to get what you want.  Personally I find it more convenient to get the alerts and not the emails since they're there when I'm online but not filling up the inbox.  Personal preference thing ya know.  ;D   If that isn't working for ya let me know.   [thumbsup]
All I want from tomorrow is to get it better than today.

Claiming you are offended is essentially saying you are incapable of controlling and managing your emotions, so everyone else should do it for you.

• lhess
  • [*][*]
Reply #2
I'm still not able to click " unread topics ", and get any unread topics.

• buckhornbob
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #3
What time zone is the clock on? I'm looking at ihess' post from 2:07pm it is10:35am? Would be nice to know how long ago something was posted.

robert
88.5 sammi 5.12's locker front and rear,6.5 t-case, twin sticks.<br /> 3" lift springs,trac/kick  power steering, crabs frt/rear<br />93 tracker 8v auto w/4dr front brakes<br />05 QUV(3010 kaw mule)2" lift<br />88 sammi  tin top bone stock<br />90 tracker 8v 5 speed

Reply #4

I'm still not able to click " unread topics ", and get any unread topics.

Yes, I noticed that as well. I click unread topics, and nothing appears, but its says "click here for all unread topics" and there is a list of ten million things I missed!! I liked the old setup better, can we go back?

• beekiller
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #5
The timezone can be set in your profile.  If you need help let me know. 

The new setup had growing pains but its here.  I will be happy to help smooth the transition.

Claiming you are offended is essentially saying you are incapable of controlling and managing your emotions, so everyone else should do it for you.

• buckhornbob
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #6

The timezone can be set in your profile.  If you need help let me know. 

The new setup had growing pains but its here.  I will be happy to help smooth the transition.

After reading what you posted in "new Zu look" I was able to reset time. Sorry for the dumb questions. But thanks for all you do to keep us straight.

robert

• beekiller
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #7
Its not a dumb question Robert.  Not at all. 

Reply #8

robert

I haven't gotten board notifications since they went to the new board.  I've checked/set my notification settings....I guess I'll go check them again.
I take that back.  I do sometimes get notifications, but they are usually days late and it includes the first post in a thread, instead of the post of the person that replied to the thread (and the weird thing is, I'll get a notification and when I check the thread, no one has replied since I did in the thread).  Flaky.
I do get notifications for PMs, but not for threads I am subscribed to...just to clarify.
  • Last Edit: Monday, Mar 02, 2015, 10:56 PM by skyhiranger
Samurais...86,87x3,88x3,88.5x6,90,91,92x3<br />Sidekicks...89x2,90,91,94x3,95,96<br />Trackers...90x4,91,92x3,93x3,94x5,95x2,96,97<br />Sold...88.5 Samurai; 89x2,92x2,93x2,96x2 Sidekicks; 91,94x2,98 Trackers<br /><br />2.8.13

• ecoast
  • [*][*][*][*]
  • ...if you weren't here, where would you be?
Reply #9
I'm not getting pm notifications

...what the hell you lookin' down here for?

• buckhornbob
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #10
Is there a way to turn off the ALERTS?
Heck by the time they show up they are a day or two old.

• beekiller
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #11
Email stuff is still goofy. 

You can turn off Alerts in the same place as your notification settings.  ;)

• ecoast
  • [*][*][*][*]
  • ...if you weren't here, where would you be?
Reply #12

Email stuff is still goofy. 

so is it gonna 'heal itself' ?

...what the hell you lookin' down here for?

• beekiller
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #13

so is it gonna 'heal itself' ?

Kind of.  When the devs come out with a fix.  [thumbsup]

Reply #14
Maybe you should go back to SMF 2.0.9., instead of running a beta version of SMF 2.1. ???
  • Last Edit: Wednesday, Mar 04, 2015, 10:38 PM by skyhiranger
Samurais...86,87x3,88x3,88.5x6,90,91,92x3<br />Sidekicks...89x2,90,91,94x3,95,96<br />Trackers...90x4,91,92x3,93x3,94x5,95x2,96,97<br />Sold...88.5 Samurai; 89x2,92x2,93x2,96x2 Sidekicks; 91,94x2,98 Trackers<br /><br />2.8.13

• beekiller
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
Reply #15

Maybe you should go back to SMF 2.0.9., instead of running a beta version of SMF 2.1. ???

Rolling back isn't possible.  Plus there are specific functionalities being sought.  Even though there are hiccups (which will be solved) there wouldn't be a rollback even if we could.   ;)

• Mikew
  • [*][*][*]
  • ZukeMizer
Reply #16

robert

My wife notified me the other day if I didn't act right I wasn't getting any more pie.
Constitutional Carry for NC & SC!
         Because bearing arms is not, and should not be a privilege.
   Permits are privileges, and can be granted and taken by Government.
                           Let's Secure Concealed Carry as a Right!

Reply #17
Today I got a whole shitload of notifications from topics that were posted in clear back to January. ::)
But maybe it is a sign that notifications are going to start working again.

Reply #18
 I must be blessed!  I don't even know what notifications are! Lol
Picture is of my Uwharrie campsite before I got my Zuk!

• TD57
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #19

Today I got a whole shitload of notifications from topics that were posted in clear back to January. ::)
But maybe it is a sign that notifications are going to start working again.

x2 
Me Too.... [thumbsup]