Skip to main content

Topic: Gonzookin 2015 (Read 1705 times) previous topic - next topic

• blacknight
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Gonzookin 2015
GonZookin 2015 event
GonZookin @ Rausch Creek ORP July 31 to Aug. 2nd
!!!!!!!!!!Sing up Here!!!!!!!!!!

We will be staying at Twin Grove Camping Resort. If you have not been to GonZookin before you will not find nicer accommodations at a 4x4 event.

Also if you plan on staying in a RV or renting a cabin you will want to call soon they fill up fast.

Twin Grove Park Campground Pine Grove, PA

PINE GROVE KOA-TWIN GROVE PARK
1445 SUEDBURG ROAD
PINE GROVE, PA 17963

(800) 562-5471 or (717) 865-4602

Please be aware that we are at the mercy of the campground rules. This also applies to registration. You will only be able to register and get into the campground within their normal business hours.

So if your planning on arriving late as you may have done in the past, you will want to check out their website to find out when you will be able to register at the campground.

We will have our registration desk in the camp store right next to their registration desk so you will be able to register for both the event and the campground at the same time.

Registration times will be posted at a later date.

The price for camping is $10 per person, per night. kids under 18 $5

The BBQ pricing is $15 for adults and $5 for kids under 12.

The price for Rausch Creek ORP is paid at the park.
Rausch Creek Off Road Park is a membership-based facility. There are no pre-requisites or waiting lists. All drivers and passengers must sign a membership application & liability waiver. Drivers and passengers age 16 and up are required to become members of the park which costs $15 per year and is good for one year from the date you join. Membership cards are given out when you join.

Children age 15 and younger are free, however, we require a parental waiver. All members under the age of 18 also require a parental waiver.

The daily entrance fee is $35.00 for the vehicle and driver. Passengers age 16 and up are $7.00 each (When a passenger joins the park, the $7.00 fee is waived that day).

If you have never been to GonZookin or Rausch Creek your missing out! Rausch Creek offers trails for all vehicles from stock to OH MY GOD IM GUNNA BREAK SOMETHING. There is also a national level Rock Crawlng area that is open to the public that you can wheel it however you like. With a minimum of 2 rigs your handed a trail map and turned loose. We typically have a couple of guides for those not familiar with the park but we also encourage exploring in your own groups.

All registration for the event and dinner activities are held at Twin Grove Campground.

Any questions Please do not hesitate to contact one of the Gonzookin staff members.! info@gonzookin.org
Facebook
Or
Google+
  • Last Edit: Tuesday, Jul 07, 2015, 10:56 AM by blacknight

• aftermarket4x4
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Vendor
  • One Man Army!
Re: Gonzookin 2015
Reply #1
We have a large group coming from the southern Virginia and northern North Carolina area. It should be a great time with lots of food, fun and friends. ... and SOME OF THE BEST WHEELING IN THE EAST!!!!
Sean DeVinney
AFTERMARKET4X4
Never miss an opportunity to spend time with family and friends!

• ecoast
  • [*][*][*][*]
  • ...if you weren't here, where would you be?
Reply #2

We have a large group coming from the southern Virginia and northern North Carolina area. It should be a great time with lots of food, fun and friends. ... and SOME OF THE BEST WHEELING IN THE EAST!!!!
Sean DeVinney
AFTERMARKET4X4

excellent! Looking forward to seeing you guys all again... I have been eating lead paint and knocking a tooth out daily so I will fit in with 'y'all' !!!!!
lol

...what the hell you lookin' down here for?

• blacknight
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
42 people so far have signed up on FaceBook  [thumbsup]

Reply #4
I need to get my poop together 

• ecoast
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #5

I need to get my poop together

yes; yes you do!

have you been to GZ/RC before??

• low_range
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
Gonna have a group of smaller rigs running around that Saturday?  Im back to open diffs front/rear.  Still on 235s.  Im no stranger to Rausch, but don't want to hold up the guys on 31-33s that have a locker or two, and want to run some more difficult trails.

Also:  if you guys don't know, the property has been logged pretty hard.  I was there a couple weeks ago, and was told that entrance to the NE section will be free until the end of the year, because the logging co kinda botched their job; lotsa stumps, trees & limbs down.  They really screwed up some areas of the East & West sides of the park.

• ecoast
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #7
yes but the upside is you can only enter trails thru comp course; makes it nice to camp because folks aren't driving by the 'shortcut to office' and making huge dust...

you've been there so you know there's a bit for any rig; there's a good number of  lightly built rigs generally at GZ....
FB had 46+ attending so far...I'm told

@lurkers
I see 1000+ views!!!

~~so stop your dang web wheeling and come out for a real good time lol 

• low_range
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #8
Yeah i used to take a group of guys from work out to run greens/bues, altho they've all either gone bigger or sold off their rigs. But yeah, I know what the park has to offer, just not sure how you guys break down the groups.  Ive only made it to one zuk event @ Rausch, and I got there late so I ended up just hooking up with a random bunch of other people who also showed up late.

Anyways, im not even 100% I can go.  I work 50% weekends at work, and already have a request in for August to go to an event with MEB up to AOAA (the new park in Shamokin), so I don't know if I can get this weekend off or not, and unfortunately the way our scheduling works I wont know for sure for 2 more weeks.  But if I have off, I definitely want to go.

Reply #9
I plan on being there, but I will probably only be there on Saturday to do some wheeling.
I know my way around the park and the Maplets app is great to use there also.
I'm locked front and rear on 35s and toy axles with a 6.5:1 transfer case, also stretched to 100" wheelbase.

• aftermarket4x4
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Vendor
  • One Man Army!
Reply #10
Fawesome! See you guys there!
Never miss an opportunity to spend time with family and friends!

Reply #11
Ugh!  one of these days, I'm going to have the truck finished well in advance...I swear.  Either way, I'll be there...bloody knuckles and all!
You want to make God laugh?  Tell him your plans.

Reply #12
Wooo!!! She's up and running!  See you guys tomorrow morning!  When is everyone showing up at the park on Friday?
You want to make God laugh?  Tell him your plans.