Skip to main content

Topic: GZ 2013 who's going? (Read 6458 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: GZ 2013 who's going?
Reply #20
I'll be there with my buddies from VA.
You want to make God laugh?  Tell him your plans.

• bad zuki
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
  • Willy G, The Donut King
Reply #21
Ecoast, You could just park your truck on top of your trailer  :-*  ;D
Ask me about my attention deficit disorder or pie or my cat. A dog. I have a bike. do you like TV. I saw a rock. HI!<br><br>Quote from: ack Fri May 15 2015 08:52:22 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)<br><br>I am going to agree substantially with Sean "My Body Hurts" DeVinney.

Reply #22
So I'm going to try and make it up there.  The plan is to drive the Sami.  So probably nothing too serious for me on the trails.  Guess we'll just have to see how she goes and what shape she's in by then.  Is there any sort of registration?  Or fee's?

• ecoast
  • [*][*][*][*]
  • ...if you weren't here, where would you be?
Reply #23

Ecoast, You could just park your truck on top of your trailer my sammi :-*  ;D

FIFY !!!

You better show up, night troll!

...what the hell you lookin' down here for?

• bad zuki
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
  • Willy G, The Donut King
Reply #24
Oh them fightin words, and I might ride with sean if my bumper isn't finished.  If not I might just ride the moped up.
Ask me about my attention deficit disorder or pie or my cat. A dog. I have a bike. do you like TV. I saw a rock. HI!<br><br>Quote from: ack Fri May 15 2015 08:52:22 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)<br><br>I am going to agree substantially with Sean "My Body Hurts" DeVinney.

• ecoast
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #25
bumpers are over rated.

I think you'd be sorry if you came w/o your rig...

• 94zuk
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #26

So I'm going to try and make it up there.  The plan is to drive the Sami.  So probably nothing too serious for me on the trails.  Guess we'll just have to see how she goes and what shape she's in by then.  Is there any sort of registration?  Or fee's?

The Twin Grove campground is $10 per night per person. And one of the nicest campgrounds i've stayed at. The event fee is $15 for adults and $5 for kids under 12. The event fee includes a BBQ dinner and a raffle ticket.

You can stay at Rausch Creek for free but it is primitive camping. The park fees are $15 for a yearly membership and $35 per day and $7 for passengers.
http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.org/mem.php

Yes it adds up quickly, but it is well worth it. There are all kinds of trail levels for everyone from stock to buggy.

Reply #27
Hay all... Long time since I've been on here. I will be up one of the days either Friday or Saturday.

FYI... There is an extra charge of $10.00 if you want to run over on the east property as  well. It can all be seen in a half day provided nobody brakes so pick 1 day you want to run it.
88.5, soft top, 6:1 t-case, stock R & P's, Locked front and rear on 33's

• Pavulon
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #28
I'll be joining for the first time this year... 

Where do I need to register/pay for everything?

I was hoping on sleeping in the enclosed trailer I brought if it would be close enough to the campsites..it looks like this may not be an option though?

What time is everyone meeting up on August 1st, Wife and I both got off work, so just trying to see when the festivities begin, also, is the $15/day or for the weekend? 

Sorry I'm a noob >.< but really can't wait...will be my first real use of my Samurai since I got it a few years back

• 94zuk
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #29
The camping and event fees get paid to the staff when you get there. The wheeling fees get paid to rausch creek.

Some people meet up Friday morning between 9am and 10am. The most people are there on Saturday. They meet up around the same time.

I'll  be there Wednesday afternoon. Find me there I'll help you out. Look for the red and black Sami with the red rock rings.

• Pavulon
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #30
I'm thinking I'm going to try and make it up early Thursday... was looking at the site and saw that Rausch is only open Fri-Sat-Sun unless you guys are already set up with them for a run on Thursday. If we have people run on thursday I'd love to join that group, just let me know what time I'd need to be up there.. If not, I guess I'd be coming in Thursday afternoon to set up camp.

• 94zuk
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #31
Usually there isn't many people there on Thursday, a couple show up later in the day. Most people show up Friday. I'm only going up early so I can kick back and relax for a couple days.  [thumbsup]

Reply #32
[quoteis the $15/day or for the weekend?

[/quote]

The $15 is a one time annual membership fee paid to RC. If you are planning on primitive camping or trailer camping at RC you must call the office and reserve a site. Camping at RC is FREE and there are no hook ups for electric and water. Do it fast cause space is limited. Also, if you want to wheel Thursday call Lynn or Melissa at the office you can wheel you just have to pre-arrange it them and you need a minimum of 2 rigs.
88.5, soft top, 6:1 t-case, stock R & P's, Locked front and rear on 33's

• ikuzus
  • [*]
  • Gon Zukin Staff
Reply #33
Pavulon.....we will be in the campground Thursday around 5pm or sooner. Did you get a campsite yet? Let the campground staff know that you are here for Gonzookin. I will have a white x-90 and wife a smurf blue Sami. See us and we will get you registered.
I'm Rick James [censored]

• ecoast
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #34
do we need to each call campground and book a spot?

sorry, but things seem to be a bit unclear, and I may be there wed. night to wheel thursday...and if not, definately be there thursday

• Pavulon
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #35
I hadn't pre-reserved a campground spot as of yet..It seemed to me that it was just show up, tell em you're there w/ the group and pay then... if its any different than this lemme know....

• 94zuk
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #36
If you are showing up weds call twin grove and let them know. If you are showing up Thursday just show up let the campground know you are there for GZ then find chad to get registered. If you want to stay at RC you need to call them and make sure they have a spot.

GZ has arrangements with twin grove for Thursday to Sunday. Anything before Thursday you need to call them and make arrangements. Mine are taken care of already because I rented a cabin.  :)

• ikuzus
  • [*]
  • Gon Zukin Staff
Reply #37
Party at the cabins. Lol.

Just a note ...  Anyone under 12 will be free this year. We need to get the kids involved more so bring them along for the fun.

• ikuzus
  • [*]
  • Gon Zukin Staff
Reply #38

I'm thinking I'm going to try and make it up early Thursday... was looking at the site and saw that Rausch is only open Fri-Sat-Sun unless you guys are already set up with them for a run on Thursday. If we have people run on thursday I'd love to join that group, just let me know what time I'd need to be up there.. If not, I guess I'd be coming in Thursday afternoon to set up camp.

I will be there around 6pm or so. I will be in a white x-90. See me then.

• SamTrack
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #39
im planning on being there with a group from va an sean deviney unfortunately
role me back over so i can try it agin