Skip to main content

Topic: My first Suzuki (Read 11837 times) previous topic - next topic

• buckhornbob
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
  • 2014/15 Zu Barbie Jeep Champion builder
Re: My first Suzuki
Reply #40

That rig is looking nice! The ammo box mount is really cool.

And the black wheels, well, that makes all the difference!!  [thumbsup]

X2
That ammo box is the stuff.
88.5 sammi 5.12's locker front and rear,6.5 t-case, twin sticks.<br /> 3" lift springs,trac/kick  power steering, crabs frt/rear<br />93 tracker 8v auto w/4dr front brakes<br />05 QUV(3010 kaw mule)2" lift<br />88 sammi  tin top bone stock<br />90 tracker 8v 5 speed

• Smallblock
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #41
Thanks guys. I tried to make it easy to get into,removable and not rattle.
'87 Samurai Old Man Emu 1.5" springs,235/75/15s,1/2" lift shackles,Low Range Offroad Defiant bumper,Myside1 40mm,2"stainless exhaust.

• Smallblock
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #42
Started on my shrockworks clone rear bumper last night. Bought a $300 Chinese plasma and wanted to try it out.  I'll post pictures once I get a little farther along.
'87 Samurai Old Man Emu 1.5" springs,235/75/15s,1/2" lift shackles,Low Range Offroad Defiant bumper,Myside1 40mm,2"stainless exhaust.

• Smallblock
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #43
Here's what I've got so far.

Reply #44

I cut the hinges yesterday for removable doors. I just have to figure out what kind of detachable door straps I want to go with.

Its pouring rain and My girlfriend an I are using it as a hunting blind at the moment. She's a deer hunter and I'm not so I'm sitting here trying to figure out where the leaks in the top are and surfing the Internet. Lol

I got some luggage click straps and just screwed through the material with the stock metal piece over it. They were free from some old luggage and work great!  Enjoy the build. Also if you want a mild lift that is pretty cheap I recommend the cj/ruf spring under for a DD, or the yj spring conversion.
Just because there isn't a trail there now doesn't mean there can't be.

• Smallblock
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #45

Thats a pretty good idea.
II ended up making some door straps like trail toughs billet ones.

Just made my back seat quick release. :-)

• Smallblock
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #47
They're all over eBay. I got the dual voltage 110/220 colossal tech version for $310 shipped + $30 for a butt load of consumables. I'm really happy with it.

• chitzu
  • [*]
Reply #48
Thanks, good to know it works OK. That's about 1/2 of what H F has advertised unless there is a new listing I haven't seen.
Sami<br />  \ $ /     <br />   |$|

• Smallblock
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #49
Test fitting my lights.  The holes need some finishing so the lights will pop all the way in.  Getting ready to make up the new harnesses. 

• samurayo
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #50
Dang that is looking spiffy!!!  8)
Such is life in the tropics<br />"chain 'em up and slide 'em down!"...Ecoast

• beekiller
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Krew Krawlers, Mountain Division
Reply #51

Dang that is looking spiffy!!!  8)

x2!  Very nice!  [thumbsup]
All I want from tomorrow is to get it better than today.

Claiming you are offended is essentially saying you are incapable of controlling and managing your emotions, so everyone else should do it for you.

• Smallblock
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #52
Well, I ran into a problem.  Turns out I should have gotten the 90 degree pigtails for the lights instead of the straight ones.  The bumper isn't deep enough for the straight ones. 
Aaand my back up lights aren't working? There is no fire on the samurai side of the plug.  To tell ya the truth I'm not sure they worked before I took the factory bumper off. I've got some trouble shooting to do.

Im looking forward to the weekend so I can make some major progress on this thing.

• buckhornbob
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
  • 2014/15 Zu Barbie Jeep Champion builder
Reply #53
The back up light switch is on top of the tranny at the firewall, the one towards the rear of tranny.  The other is the fifth gear switch.
88.5 sammi 5.12's locker front and rear,6.5 t-case, twin sticks.<br /> 3" lift springs,trac/kick  power steering, crabs frt/rear<br />93 tracker 8v auto w/4dr front brakes<br />05 QUV(3010 kaw mule)2" lift<br />88 sammi  tin top bone stock<br />90 tracker 8v 5 speed

• Smallblock
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #54
Yep. I jumpered the switch and they work.  I coulda swore they worked before. 

5 hours in the garage after work and we have a finished bumper. 

• samurayo
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #55
Not only finished!!! A dang good looking one too!!!  8)
Such is life in the tropics<br />"chain 'em up and slide 'em down!"...Ecoast

• Smallblock
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #56
Sill need to get my other pigtails so the lights will fully seat. 
I have about $100 invested. 

• Mikew
  • [*][*][*]
  • ZukeMizer
Reply #57
Very nice you do good work,  you out to start selling them.
Constitutional Carry for NC & SC!
         Because bearing arms is not, and should not be a privilege.
   Permits are privileges, and can be granted and taken by Government.
                           Let's Secure Concealed Carry as a Right!

• Smallblock
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #58
Thanks,but i used all my patience on this one.
:-/

I'm ready to lift this thing.  I'm taking donations.

• Smallblock
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #59
I don't think I ever posted a pic of the led spots I put between the bumper bars.