Reply #160
Nice ride  I like it ;)

• Smallblock
  • [*][*][*][*]
Re: My first Suzuki
Reply #161

Nice ride  I like it ;)

Thanks.  [thumbsup]
Got the myside on.  The 40mm carb I used came with a 175 main jet I knew that was too small so I ordered a 200 thinking that would get me in the ball park.  1st and 2nd pulled good but the other gears were pretty gutless. Myron told me to drill the main jet out to a 220,but I had to order a bit to do it. In the meantime I drilled the old 175 jet out to as close to a 220 as I could get it. That helped a bunch. All the gears pull pretty well now and the throttle response compared to the weber is unreal. I just gotta get that wire gauge drill bit set in and start figuring out that size jet will work best. There's quite a bit of tidying up to do also.
'87 Samurai Old Man Emu 1.5" springs,235/75/15s,1/2" lift shackles,Low Range Offroad Defiant bumper,Myside1 40mm,2"stainless exhaust.

• Smallblock
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #162
Made a phone mount using Ram parts. I didn't want to butcher much up to have a good solid mount so I came up with this.
'87 Samurai Old Man Emu 1.5" springs,235/75/15s,1/2" lift shackles,Low Range Offroad Defiant bumper,Myside1 40mm,2"stainless exhaust.

• trooperjd
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #163
Man I just picked up an 88 a lot like yours.  One question, is the OME suspension the under axle kit?  Mine came with an over axel, I don't like the components used as it seems a mix of parts.  I am considering going back to the OME suspension vs the SPOA.  How do you like hat OME so far.

• Smallblock
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #164
Man I just picked up an 88 a lot like yours.  One question, is the OME suspension the under axle kit?  Mine came with an over axel, I don't like the components used as it seems a mix of parts.  I am considering going back to the OME suspension vs the SPOA.  How do you like hat OME so far.
The OMEs are for spring under only.  They specifically say not to use them spring over.. They've been on there for 2 years now and I've not had any problems out of them. My samurai is used as weekend transportation over gravel and paved Roads and occasionally sees some mild river bottom wheeling.  Nothing too serious. I'm happy with them. 

• trooperjd
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #165
Mine will be used as a local town ride, but for about 2-3 weeks a year it will be used as my hunting lease ride. Small mud holes and steep limestone rocky hills. Nothing like a rock climbing trail, but loose rocks and black mud.  Wonder if the OME would be best or SPOA.  For sure it will spend most of its time on pavement.  Any suggestions?

• Smallblock
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #166
Mine will be used as a local town ride, but for about 2-3 weeks a year it will be used as my hunting lease ride. Small mud holes and steep limestone rocky hills. Nothing like a rock climbing trail, but loose rocks and black mud.  Wonder if the OME would be best or SPOA.  For sure it will spend most of its time on pavement.  Any suggestions?
Probably depends on what size tires you're gonna use. 235/75s work good with the OMEs

• 87zuki
  • [*]
Reply #167
Nice rig you got there. Might steal that speaker box idea... pretty neat. Thought I'd post up my samurai since its red as well ha ha. 31" km2's SPOA. Will be making a thread when I do my YJs soon. Having to order all the bushings, shock hoops etc from the states is kiling us here in Canada.

There is also that tent I built for it. Juuust fits with the spare

• trooperjd
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #168
Man those are some rides.  I like red too and so here is my red one as I bought it.

• Smallblock
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #169
Nige rigs fellas. 

• Smallblock
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #170
Put a X90 console in. It's the same as a tracker just no ash tray.  Took some cutting and chopping, but it's in there pretty solidly. It's by no means a drop in deal,but it'll work good enough. 

• trooperjd
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #171
That console is slick

• Smallblock
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #172
This thing has had what I thought was a noisey throw out bearing since I got it.  I noticed they last time I drove it there was a weird growling noise when I put my hand on the gearshift.Well the other day I started it and while it was idling every once in a while there was a pop/knock from the flywheel area. I figured it was the throw out bearing trying to lock up. Took about a hour and a half to get the trans out to inspect what was going on. Clutch is JUNK. All the springs were about to fall out of the disk and the pilot bearing was half locked up which of course ate a groove in the input shaft of the trans.  The throw out bearing felt surprisingly good lol.
As for the input shaft wear I tried the wider pilot bearing as someone else on here recommended.
I put it all back together pulled it out of the garage and almost immediately there was a whizzing sound that lasted for a few seconds coming from the transmission area. I went ahead and headed down the driveway and heard a couple knocking sounds so I crawled under neath and the noise was coming from the rear of the transmission. I guess there's a bearing in there going bad or something.
I've got a rebuilt transmission on the way from John Gates and when I send the core back hopefully he'll be able to give me a autopsy on it.