Skip to main content

Topic: My first Suzuki (Read 12109 times) previous topic - next topic

My first Suzuki
Picked this up a few weeks ago. I Always wanted a Tracker,but decided on something a little more unique as these are few and far between around here.

Im in the process of getting it drivable and dependable. So far I've replaced  rear trans seal and the rear trans mount that the grease ate up with a trail tough mount.
Next step is use christmas money to convert it to a Weber carb. Then if I got any left over maybe Build some bumpers.  I'd like to lift it a little bit too.
'87 Samurai Old Man Emu 1.5" springs,235/75/15s,1/2" lift shackles,Low Range Offroad Defiant bumper,Myside1 40mm,2"stainless exhaust.

• samurayo
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Re: My first Suzuki
Reply #1
That's a good looking Zuk with some extras that a lot of people want!!

Hard Top and light protectors!!
Such is life in the tropics<br />"chain 'em up and slide 'em down!"...Ecoast

My first Suzuki
Reply #2
Hey Thanks. :-)
It's also got a factory tach,the molded
Floor liners,carpet and AC (doesn't work). I don't know if those are common options or not.
'87 Samurai Old Man Emu 1.5" springs,235/75/15s,1/2" lift shackles,Low Range Offroad Defiant bumper,Myside1 40mm,2"stainless exhaust.

• samurayo
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #3
Yup, the rest of that stuff is common. AC at least in the JX model (mine used to have that too before I swapped engines)

• ton24
  • [*]
My first Suzuki
Reply #4
Nice motor. You yanks get all the good stuff on base models lol. It's a blank canvas so mod away.

My first Suzuki
Reply #5
I cut the hinges yesterday for removable doors. I just have to figure out what kind of detachable door straps I want to go with.

Its pouring rain and My girlfriend an I are using it as a hunting blind at the moment. She's a deer hunter and I'm not so I'm sitting here trying to figure out where the leaks in the top are and surfing the Internet. Lol

• samurayo
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #6
She's a deer hunter and I'm not so I'm sitting here trying to figure out where the leaks in the top are and surfing the Internet. Lol

[lol] [lol] [lol]

My first Suzuki
Reply #7
I've got my priorities straight I know.

• TONY ZUKINI
  • [*][*][*]
  • Hwy83 SUZUKI
Reply #8
Nice looking Sammy.   Has the rare headlight guards  [thumbsup]
Much better decision then getting a Tracker  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Your going to love that Samurai  :)

• samurayo
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #10
Good eye Tony, they do kinda look like Warn Locking hubs

My first Suzuki
Reply #11
Yep, they're Warn lockouts. Are they a good upgrade from the aisin hubs?

• samurayo
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #12
Most people prefer to keep the Aisin because they really do work well. But, of the aftermarket hubs Warn I believe is considered the best.

All in all it looks to have quite a few goodies!!  [thumbsup]

My first Suzuki
Reply #13
Here's the start of a tube bumper. I think it still needs a little profile work still but it's getting there. 

My first Suzuki
Reply #14
Making some progress.  Long way to go though until paint.

• samurayo
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #15
Looking pretty good. Are you thinking of joining the top and bottom tube somehow or are you leaving them seperate(like the calmini bumpers)?

My first Suzuki
Reply #16
Going to leave them open.  I need to figure out where to mount the lights between the lights still. I don't know if I want them parallel with the bumper ends or parallel with the center bars. 
Need to figure out a license plate mount too.

• samurayo
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #17
I would say leave them as they are. I personally think that with that kind of bumper it looks better with horizontal lights than with vertical lights. Buts that's IMHO

• LOKNLOD
  • [*][*]
My first Suzuki
Reply #18

I would say leave them as they are. I personally think that with that kind of bumper it looks better with horizontal lights than with vertical lights. Buts that's IMHO

I agree, they look much better horizontal.

Nice work!
-Josh<br />'82 SJ410K - For sale

My first Suzuki
Reply #19
I still have to put some pipe sleeves down at the bottom to mount the d-rings that should be here in a few days. I went ahead  and painted it though so I can mount it one last time.  It's painted with rustoleum black hammertone. In the pic it looks like there's dry spots,but it's not really like that.