Skip to main content

Topic: Uwharrie Workdays (Read 9809 times) previous topic - next topic

• SuBoricua
  • [*]
  • Krew Krawlers
Re: Uwharrie Workdays
Reply #80
Sorry I missed the 2 things. Flexe 2 was showing off. lol

Good thing she's got protection! I meant armor! 

• beekiller
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Krew Krawlers, Mountain Division
Reply #82

Where do we find the dates for July through the end of the year?

I believe it's pretty much the third Saturday.   ;)
All I want from tomorrow is to get it better than today.

Claiming you are offended is essentially saying you are incapable of controlling and managing your emotions, so everyone else should do it for you.

• rockingirl
  • [*]
  • Krew Krawlers
Reply #83
I will be glad to participate as long don't fall on my weekend to with😄

• SuBoricua
  • [*]
  • Krew Krawlers
Reply #84
2014 Dates?

• beekiller
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • Administrator
  • Krew Krawlers, Mountain Division
Reply #85
Here is a message from the Forest Service concerning the Nov  21st workday:

Hi Everyone - The next work day is November 21 at 9 am at the Uwharrie Hunt Camp.  The projects will be installing guardrail and signs on Dickey Bell Trail and armoring RML trail and Dickey Bell Trail and maybe a couple of other trails depending on how much cobble size rock we have stockpiled on the forest. We'll need vehicles that can haul posts and drag guardrail from the Arrowhead Campground spray field and vehicles or trail trailers that can be used to haul rock from our stock pile to the different locations on the trails.  I hope to have this all flagged out before the work day.  I do have some of the sites flagged out on Dickey Bell Trail that we didn't get done last time.

I'll have the specific number of posts & rails needed for the different guardrail installation sites & I'll have the sections of armoring determined for the rock placement before we meet up on the 21st.  Make sure to have your work gloves, boots, water, food, etc.  

Pete, Rodney & Jeff - Let me know if any of you can work on this work day with me.  I think it'll go smoother if we have 2 FS folks there to work with the different groups.  Thanks.  

If you can make this please do.  Workdays keep the trails open for everyone.   [thumbsup]
All I want from tomorrow is to get it better than today.

Claiming you are offended is essentially saying you are incapable of controlling and managing your emotions, so everyone else should do it for you.