Skip to main content

Topic: Offical AR type rifle thread (Read 30579 times) previous topic - next topic

• woodchuck
  • [*][*]
Re: Offical AR type rifle thread
Reply #40
That's not bad, considering the replicas are $500 ish. Do you have a web site that I can get it at for that or would I have to shop around for bargains?  Also, I was at the Sportsman's Warehouse today and saw a DPMS for $599. I think it was a .223. Are they any good?
How much wood could a woods jeep chunk if a woods jeep could chuck wood?!

• jtaj77
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • The Japanese tourist
Reply #41
The place that he linked to earlier in the thread has pretty good prices. I just ordered to stripped lowers today. Be careful they are addictive.  ;D
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Everyone is someone else's weirdo.

My YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/jtaj77

• zukitough
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #42
www.jsesurplus.com for uppers
;D

taking my ARs out this weekend for an Easter shoot.
I can't go in the deep end of the sandbox. That's where the Leprechaun lives. He told me to burn things.
- Ralph Wiggam

Reply #43
DPMS is a great gun and $599 is a  pretty good price for it too depending on how its equipped.
We are making progress.

• jtaj77
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • The Japanese tourist
Reply #44
Look what I pick up from my FFL today.

I also got this on Saturday. ;)

• Last Edit: Wednesday, May 04, 2011, 08:55 PM by jtaj77
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

• zukitough
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #45
nice. the disease continues. my wife doesnt understand, i tell her it is all an investment
I can't go in the deep end of the sandbox. That's where the Leprechaun lives. He told me to burn things.
- Ralph Wiggam

• chad reed
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #46
I just bought this .smith and weson m&p sport 5.56/223.
87 zuk streched,linked,6.5,5:13,arb's,1.6
86 tin top
92 sidekick
06 trx 450r

• zukitough
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #47
That little magazine is cute, sucks to be in CA. The rifle looks good, I see it has the bullet button but it has all the rest of the EBR stuff still on it. I am surprised you can have that with a pistol grip/collapsing stock/boyonet lug in CA. Have fun shooting.
- Ralph Wiggam

• chad reed
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #48
Yep cali sucks when it comes to gun laws.
86 tin top
92 sidekick
06 trx 450r

• jtaj77
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • The Japanese tourist
Reply #49
Blasting through a 30 round mag is most the fun of having an AR. ;)

• chad reed
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #50
I will get a couple and leave them in montana at my dads .thats where ill shoot it most anyways
86 tin top
92 sidekick
06 trx 450r

Reply #51

I built a custom M4 on this lower receiver that I had made at Superior Arms. Every part except the lower receiver (with fire controls), and bolt carrier group were parts I carried in combat in Iraq.  Basically, I shipped myself all the parts and used my issued M4 lower ad bolt carrier group.  Now for the most part, I own the weapon I carried in combat and the lower is engraved with my unit insignia. I currently own 4 AR15's. They are addictive, just like the Sammi  ;D

• jtaj77
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • The Japanese tourist
Reply #52
Good stuff DoorKicker. I got my pistol buffer tube in the mail the other day. ;)

• selftest
  • [*]
Reply #53
I really wish I hadn't sold my guns...

Had a BCM midlength M4 with a Larue tactical handguard, magpul ACS stock, 10 Pmags. Great, solid AR. I'll probably pick up another here fairly soon.

• jtaj77
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
  • The Japanese tourist
Reply #54
Anybody else? I got to shoot and AR with a suppressor on it a few weeks ago.  ;D

• Manning
  • [*]
Reply #55
I picked up a lower, lower parts kit, and 5 Pmags a while back.  Does that count? 

• Schultzie
  • [*][*]
Reply #57
Here's what I've been looking at, and will probably eventually buy.  Keltec SU-16C. Durable, reliable, just as accurate as an AR at least out to 100 yards.  AK action, uses AR magazines, and the stock folds even with a 30 round mag in the well!  ;D Very cool. The stock handguards even turn into a bipod.  All that, and substantially lighter than an AR.  I'd put a low profile red dot scope on the rail, and be done with it.  They're on Gunbroker.com new, for under $600.  Try that with an AR! For a tactical rifle, all I'm worried about is killing something 100 yards away or closer, and I can, every time. An AR probably has greater accuracy out past 100 yards, but that's not what I buy this type of rifle for.
"The unforgivable crime is soft hitting.  Do not hit at all if it can be avoided; but never hit softly."  Teddy Roosevelt

• zukitough
  • [*][*][*][*]
Reply #59

Here's what I've been looking at, and will probably eventually buy.  Keltec SU-16C. Durable, reliable, just as accurate as an AR at least out to 100 yards.  AK action, uses AR magazines, and the stock folds even with a 30 round mag in the well!  ;D Very cool. The stock handguards even turn into a bipod.  All that, and substantially lighter than an AR.  I'd put a low profile red dot scope on the rail, and be done with it.  They're on Gunbroker.com new, for under $600.  Try that with an AR! For a tactical rifle, all I'm worried about is killing something 100 yards away or closer, and I can, every time. An AR probably has greater accuracy out past 100 yards, but that's not what I buy this type of rifle for.
then why not just buy a brand new AK for $350 from centerfiresystems.com if you want to go cheap, durable and reliable
- Ralph Wiggam