Author Topic: ZOR's newest offroad product "T-case cradle"  (Read 24749 times)

Offline BLKZUKI

• Krew Krawlers Mountain Division,Bullrider and Samurai Driver, Falls Dam clean up crew
  • Zuwharrie Addict
i got one...and really like it 

Offline built2beat

• Built2beat
  • Trail Leader
3 weeks ago I folded a custom rear shaft slamming down on a boulder climbing a ledge in NH, so I built a 1/4" wall rear shaft  8)  I tested that one last weekend and its STRONG,,so strong that when I slammed the same boulder last weekend it held up and didnt bend, but,,,,, :\\\'( I cracked the case, the upward force on the shaft cracked the case. keep in mind this is a hardcore trail rated ay an 8 requiring 36's and dual lockers min to  get on. So not your daily driver trail.
    Today I ordered ZOR's new T-case super mount called the "WIFE"(incerted joke) from my favorite vendor Sean at LOWRANGEOFFROAD.com who is the exclusive vendor of this item other than buying it from ZOR direct. Im told it will bolt to 17 spots total on the case and will add alot of strength to the case. I hope it does!!!! 8)
lead follow or get out of the way, dont follow me you will NOT make it. Everyone says that, want to try??

Offline BLKZUKI

• Krew Krawlers Mountain Division,Bullrider and Samurai Driver, Falls Dam clean up crew
  • Zuwharrie Addict
just take your time mounting the case to it!!! it requires patients  but WELL WORTH IT!!!!!

Offline durnzuki

• Zuki Guru
Check out the reveiw with pics in the product reveiw section.

Offline RHDScrambler

Just as a note, for the few people that have them, this won't work with a Sambox II case without some fab work.  At first glance I thought it just needed a little grinding next thing I knew I had just about redid the whole back half lol.  Great product very sturdy and works just like advertised.  I'd still buy it for the price its a great starting point to a custom mount.  I toasted a set of Spidertrax arms in four trips, tightening bolts every couple hours on the trail.  After two days of hard wheeling with the cradle the case bolts were still torqued completely.

Offline zorproducts

• Vendor
Just as a note, for the few people that have them, this won't work with a Sambox II case without some fab work.  At first glance I thought it just needed a little grinding next thing I knew I had just about redid the whole back half lol.  Great product very sturdy and works just like advertised.  I'd still buy it for the price its a great starting point to a custom mount.  I toasted a set of Spidertrax arms in four trips, tightening bolts every couple hours on the trail.  After two days of hard wheeling with the cradle the case bolts were still torqued completely.

On that Sambox2, is there enough of them out there for us to manufacturer a cradle for them? TY very much for the comps.

MY
Quit stalling, MY-SIDE/MY-SIDE2!
http://zuksoffroad.com  T-BRA (brass T-case shifter sheet), The Thong (brass 5 spd trans shifter sheet) The ultimate t-case cradle!

Offline RHDScrambler

I doubt it, I bought my rig from someone who got one years ago.  I know they're not made anymore, I've seen some pics of them floating around Pirate but the number is probably less than 100.  You'd want to physically have one in hand before making a matching cradle though, The catch is the Sambox doesn't flare to rear end like the stock case.  Its flush across to the bottom of the output shaft.  So very little leeway to squeeze a rear bar between the case and the output flange.

Offline RHDScrambler

Not the greatest pics, but they'll give you an idea,

I also moved the whole case back about 1/4" to get it to sit right.

Offline zorproducts

• Vendor
Thanks for the info.

MY
http://zuksoffroad.com  T-BRA (brass T-case shifter sheet), The Thong (brass 5 spd trans shifter sheet) The ultimate t-case cradle!

Offline Truckasaurus44

• I live here!
  • Yes I'm a new world Samurai & a Redneck nontheless
Is there any plans to make mounts to put one of these cradles into a tracker.  basicly just looking for weld on brackets that are made to hold it at the right height and wide enough to weld onto tracker frame rails.

Since the center section is already done, it doesn't seem impossible.
You want to make God laugh?  Tell him your plans.

Offline zorproducts

• Vendor
Is there any plans to make mounts to put one of these cradles into a tracker.  basicly just looking for weld on brackets that are made to hold it at the right height and wide enough to weld onto tracker frame rails.

Since the center section is already done, it doesn't seem impossible.

Sounds like a business opportunity to me

MY

Offline Truckasaurus44

• I live here!
  • Yes I'm a new world Samurai & a Redneck nontheless
I'll play guinea pig on that one!
You want to make God laugh?  Tell him your plans.

Offline tipover

• Locked Up
As the builder of the sambox, it is nice to see my one of my products getting de-enginneered:)  I wished that they would have sold better than they did, but they cost alot to make.   On the positive note, there has not been one broke yet that I am aware of.
I built my rig including my transfercase.

Offline RHDScrambler

I've got no complaints about my Sambox.  Only problem I've had with mine is the tapped holes in the aluminum stripped out.  Probably can be blamed on over torquing by the previous owner and the weak arms.  I drilled them out and put in stainless steel helicoils.  Probably would be pretty hard to compete with the staks and atlases flooding the market now unfortunately.

Offline nunk

• Trail Leader
Sounds like a business opportunity to me

MY

i will take that business oppurtunity!
send me one my i will make it fit in a tracker and get the dimensions back to you!