Author Topic: Manual Line lock  (Read 15697 times)

Offline Zukiman

Does anyone know where I can find a manual line lock?  I have checked Summit, Jegs and JCWhitney and can't seem to find one.  I think someone said Sean DeVinney was running one on his Zuk... SEAN ARE YOU OUT THERE?  I think I will be going this route from my rear disc setup...  I looked at the Spidertrax tcase deal and talked with Brent about it and the 410 tcase brake and he says (I also agree) that it has parts hanging down too low...  Besides with a manual lock I would be much happier! (cause they are ALOT cheaper) Man I feel like Justin  :o  I have a electric line lock for the front, but that would just be a temp one for emergencies on the trail and such.  I want a manual for all other times...  Thanks in adance guys!

Oh BTW after talking with Brent, he said I should be ok without the extra proportioning valve for the rear, he said de doesn't run one and runs his on the street all the time... So I may hold off on ordering one until I road test a few times...
The only thing we have to fear is fear itself

Offline Zukiman

Hey  ??? this is a Wanted to Buy ...  ok I guess it is wrong, thanks Derek!

Offline Whitfield

• I make NOMEX
  • Zuki Guru
  • never under estimate the power of prayer
Zukiboy is running the Pork barrel eletric stuff.   Sean was runnig the manual stuff you are referring to on the old White (Double Back flip with a twist) Zook.  Not sure if he transfered it over to the new ROD Knocker Zook.   One thing he did mention was that all the fittings were US and that he had to adapt everything to metric.  New Ho-maid double flair lines american on one end and metric on the other would be cool if the Brake tube size was compatiable.   

Offline Whitfield

• I make NOMEX
  • Zuki Guru

Click Here to see more of SummitRacing.com.

Help  |   Online Store < Drivetrain < Line Locks 

Application Guide
  Tips 

Select a Solenoid Material Aluminum Stainless steel Steel 

Line Locks 

Vendor / Product Line  Show Descriptions 

B&M 
 B&M Launch Controls 
  Hurst Performance 
 Hurst Roll Controls 
  Moroso Performance Products, Inc. 
 Moroso Anti-Roll Kits 
  Nitrous Oxide Systems 
 NOS Line Locks 
  Sam Biondo Racing 
 Sam Biondo Line Locks     *****   $39.95   *****   The cheap ones******
  Summit Racing Equipment 
 Summit Line Locks 
  TCI Automotive 
 TCI RollStop Kits 

Have any Questions? Give us a call at: 1-800-230-3030 or 1-330-630-3030 

Terms and Conditions | Privacy Policy
Copyright © 2004 by AUTOSALES, INC. dba Summit Racing Equipment | Trademarks

Offline Zukiman

Those are electric though, I need manual...
I found these at JCWhitney...

IN-LINE HYDRAULIC BRAKE LOCK
Supplements standard emergency parking
Holds any vehicle with hydraulic brakes (cars, trucks, forklift, motor home, trailer, dune buggy, etc) where you put it.
Eliminates strain on engine and transmission; removes all pounding on ring and pinion gears when trailering a second vehicle. Keep stick-shift car from rolling on hill while feet are on gas and clutch. Excellent for parking on steep grades. Uses line pressure of hydraulic system to hold brakes locked—step on foot brake, push brake lock down, release and it’s locked. Step on foot brake again and it opens automatically. Not for use with silicone brake fluid.
In-line hydraulic brake lock for all hydraulic systems that use silicone fluid is also availble.
Note: Locks intended for off-road use only.

But there is no part number and I called and they young lady at the counter couldn't help me so she told me to call back tomorrow...

Offline Zukiman

AH HA!!  man google is a good thing...

http://www.spidertrax.com/brakes_jmr.htm

They kind of pricey though...  the jcwhitney ads had em listed for $25.95...
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 27, 2004, 01:21:18 AM by Zukiman »

Offline aftermarket4x4

• Vendor
  • Ashley & Annie
Yes, I run the JAMAR manual line locks on mine Front and Rear. Work great...they even stayed on during and after the multiple roll-overs my white Zuk did! JC Whitney no longer sells them, but I do have them and the price from JAMAR went up by quite a bit. Let me know if you would like some:

Sean DeVinney
AFTERMARKET4X4@cox.net
" If you felt uncomfortable with the item then you should not have purchased it, it doesn't take a genius to figure that out..."  tonkatracker

Offline Zukiman

Man I wish you got back with me sooner  :-\\\\  I just ordered them from Spidertrax for $34.95 + $3.85 Priority Mail shipping.  They said they would go out today... we will see...

I am going to run a electric line lock in the front, then the manual in the rear.  I may need to buy the flare ends from you, can you get those for me or would it be just as easy to get those local?  What would be the price for another Jamar lock in case I decide to put a second manual for the front?

Thanks again Sean for your help, BTW did you get my PM about the auto tranny?

Offline Whitfield

• I make NOMEX
  • Zuki Guru
AH HA!!  man google is a good thing...

http://www.spidertrax.com/brakes_jmr.htm

They kind of pricey though...  the jcwhitney ads had em listed for $25.95...

Nice...   Sorry I missed the Manual / Non eletric part. 

Offline aftermarket4x4

• Vendor
  • Ashley & Annie
Get back to you sooner? I cannot watch all the posts on all the bulletin boards I am a member of. Please E-mail me directly at AFTERMARKET4X4@cox.net next time.
I received a PM from you and typed out a long reply, but the internet hicupped or something and it wouldn't send then I refreshed the page and lost it all. I was disgusted and didn't have the time to type it all out again. Just call me at (757) 436-0919 8am-5pm. The auto tranny install is alot to discuss and I type slow.

Sean
" If you felt uncomfortable with the item then you should not have purchased it, it doesn't take a genius to figure that out..."  tonkatracker

Offline GA_ZUKI

• Zukaholic
Man I wish you got back with me sooner  :-\\\\  I just ordered them from Spidertrax for $34.95 + $3.85 Priority Mail shipping.  They said they would go out today... we will see...

Heck I paid that for an electric line lock new
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 27, 2004, 04:47:54 PM by dschwab9 »

Offline ZUKIMON

• Krew Krawlers
  • Krew Krawlers
  • Crawlin' while you were still in diapers!

Heck I paid that for an electric line lock new

Yeah, and I paid a little more for a Jamar manual.   [smiley=cussing.gif]
And then I was told a week later that the next ones would be like $50 dollars a peice. Hmm...  >:(
« Last Edit: Tuesday, April 27, 2004, 09:02:31 PM by ZUKIMON »

I have a great wife. ;)

Offline GA_ZUKI

• Zukaholic
fyi

my sk-410 t/case brake only hangs down about 1/2" to 3/4" lower than the t/case

if you get that close to a rock you have already drug it on other parts as well

but i still have an extra one 

Offline ZUKIMON

• Krew Krawlers
  • Krew Krawlers

I have a great wife. ;)

Offline Vernon

• Sr. Wheeler
  • Too Many Hobbies...
Another FYI-

www.jamarperformance.com

;)

Very good stuff, both JaMar and CNC, I've used their stuff in my old Baja Bugs.

Offline Zukiman

Well it is now Saturday, I ordered the Line lock on the 27th...  Priority Mail takes 2-3 days right ??? Maybe there is a reason I didn't major in math but the way I count I should have had my order by now...  I guess someone will be getting a call on Monday.

Man that annoys the crap out of me, if you tell someone you are going to do something,...  DO IT!!!  I asked him specifically if the lock would go out same day via Priority Mail and he said "yeah man, we will get it to you!"  If he would have said, "man it will ship Thursday" that would have been fine too, just don't tell me you are doind something and then don't...

Which I may be jumping the gun, I guess I should wait until the lock arrives and check the postmark on the box, and then get all mad... 

Offline ZUKIMON

• Krew Krawlers
  • Krew Krawlers
 [lol] I feel your pain. If you wanted it that badly, then I would have brought you mine today. ;) I could always use the 4x4 block that I have in the drive. lol

I have a great wife. ;)

Offline Zukiman

No, its not that I dont really need it right away, but it was just the principle of it...  You tell someone something, you follow through.  Especially when you are a business.  Maybe I am just old fashioned but the way I was brought up you give a man your word, you do everything you can to follow through. 

Offline ZUKIMON

• Krew Krawlers
  • Krew Krawlers
Once again, I totaly agree. ;)

I have a great wife. ;)

Offline GA_ZUKI

• Zukaholic
fyi

here is 2 pics of a SJ-410 t/case brake

it does not hang down much