Skip to main content

News

• Upgrade complete!  You will need to use the password reminder function on the login page.  If you do not receive the email CHECK THE SPAM FOLDER!  If all else fails use our new contact page: http://bbs.zuwharrie.com/content?action=contact

Topic: Fender flares (Read 5393 times) previous topic - next topic

Fender flares
What does everybody use for flares besides the 300.00 ones from Trail  Tough or Jeep flares. What about some of the universal rubber ones that are like on a roll. All I have left are the metal pieces under the stock flares?
  • Last Edit: Thursday, Apr 06, 2006, 08:46 PM by SUZUKSAMMY

Re: Fender flares
Reply #1
Nobody?

Reply #2

Nobody?

On a whole most folks seem to use Trail Tough or Jeep flares ....

If they answer the phone the Zuk Boys are an option .. but good luck there.
Yes I look like Fred

Reply #3
if you want to keep a semi stock look, calmini flares look good. I like the way zukboys flares look but may seem difficult to get them. from what i read, most use jeep flares or bushwhackers

Reply #4
I think Jeep flares look HAWT when done right..
-John

• [*][*][*][*]
Reply #5
I got some rubber fender flares on mine. I can't remember for sure, but i think they cost less than $200 Canadian. I used to work at a place that makes logging trucks and I got them through the warehouse guy there. Any place that deals with semi trucks should be able to get some. I attached them with sheet metal screws and Sikaflex (marine adhesive sealant).

• bman
  • [*][*][*]
Reply #6
Home Depot or Lowe's sells plastic flower bed edging that works real well  [idea] If your not concerned about building a bling bling ride! :o
BMan

Wheel it like you stole it or park it at the mall!

Reply #7

What is popular isn't always right and what is right isn't always popular.

Reply #8
JC Whitney has Pacer Flexy Flares $45.00 per pair. They look great and hold up well.

Pat
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man, hated and scorned.
When the cause succeeds, however, the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot."
_ Mark Twain

• rangerscott
  • [*][*][*]
  • Zu Crew
Reply #9

if you want to keep a semi stock look, calmini flares look good. I like the way zukboys flares look but may seem difficult to get them. from what i read, most use jeep flares or bushwhackers

I heard Calmini's bust easily.
Partsdinosaur.    Your engine rebuild needs.

• Trail Rated
  • [*][*][*]
  • Hellraiser
Reply #10
I like these flares.  This guy custom made his, outa 1.5" tubing. ;)

Reply #11
Diahatsu Rocky front flares fit like they were made for a zuk, if you can find one.
I RUN EMISSION EQUIPMENT FOR A REASON!
1987 softop turned tintop,  cj's and E-locked toyota axles.

• msmoke
  • [*][*][*][*][*]
Reply #12

I like these flares.  This guy custom made his, outa 1.5" tubing. ;)

I agree that is the perfered look i would love to have. Except i would make it about 1/4 the way to work before i would be taking a cab, and picking it up at the impound the next day.

Oh how i wish we had the same laws as arizona. Oh well.
[glow=yellow,2,300]Every right you don't exercise is one you wont miss when they take it away.[/glow]

Reply #13
i have a set of the bushwhacker flares that are used...the for sale thread is here http://bbs.zuwharrie.com/content/topic,33860.0.html
the description is at the bottom of page one, pics on page two
  • Last Edit: Saturday, Apr 08, 2006, 04:28 AM by domba420

• Trail Rated
  • [*][*][*]
  • Hellraiser
Reply #14

I agree that is the perfered look i would love to have. Except i would make it about 1/4 the way to work before i would be taking a cab, and picking it up at the impound the next day.

Oh how i wish we had the same laws as arizona. Oh well.

MAn you should move a state over to the left.  I could get away with that all day long, and I'm about to.

Reply #15

Home Depot or Lowe's sells plastic flower bed edging that works real well  [idea] If your not concerned about building a bling bling ride! :o

I did that on my S10, looked ok, but not great.

I used to work at a place that makes logging trucks and I got them through the warehouse guy there. Any place that deals with semi trucks should be able to get some.
This is what I was thinking now, Got an International dealer in town. ;)
<br /><br />"People who live a safe pampered life tend to crap themselves when its not safe any more." Dice 2/11